G1W card formatting issue

What brand of the card do you think is best to try first ?

Hi,
I heard a lot of good words about Transend Micro SD card. Is it worth to try ?

It is; my G1W works with 32 Gb Transcend class 10 card without any issues.

Hi FourEyes,
Is your Transend card made in Japan ?
I just pulled out my old Kingston (16 G Class 2 ) card from my mobile phone and put it into the G1WH.
It has been recording for 40 min.
So far , so good . I will run the camera for the whole night to test.
This Kingston card is made in Japan.

The Kingston card (32G Class10 )which is having issues is made in Taiwan.

REGARDS,
TOAN NGUYEN

Hi Toan,

It's made in Korea - it says so on the card itself.

I agree. In post 5 I updated that I had to ultimately switch to a Transcend brand card. I've bought another camera since then and got a Transcend for that as well and it worked right away.

Hi all,
I bought a 32G class 10 Transcend 1 week ago. It is working fine.
At the beginning it stopped at 21 min, I restarted the cammera and it worked for the whole night( around 7 hours ) .
Since then there is no issue . THis card is made in Taiwan .
BTW I also tested the Kingston 16G Class 2 (made in Japan ) for 2 nights . No issue.
I have a lot of issue with the Kingston 32G class 10 ( made in Taiwan ).
I hope this will help some people :)

Can anyone recommend what SD card to use for the G1WH and what class?

For G1W I recommend Samsung 32 or 16 or 8 Gb any class, I have 64Gb samsung sometimes record OK sometimes have corrupted files, I have odder samsung (32g/10c) work perfect

For G1WH I d'ont know, maybe accept same card manufacturer

Can anyone recommend what SD card to use for the G1WH and what class?
The G1WH I bought from Foxoffer was delivered with a "Kingston class 10 32GB Card". Now they have "Transcend Class 10 32GB". So I suppose that they are safe.

The Transcend Class 10 32G card I bought works straight out of the box. It stopped once during my testing but it is working fine afterwards.

I had a complete memory error with this brand and size card even formatting it inside the camera it self would not work, but the card works fine in my WF1.
Glad you got your issue sorted out though.
If you happen to have anymore card issues I would suggest trying a different brand. I switched to Transcend in my G1W and it is working great now.
I just formatted my new sandisk 32 gb card in my new G1W CAMERA.It shows CUSTER SIZE WRONG.Does anyone have a fix yet?

I just formatted my new sandisk 32 gb card in my new G1W CAMERA.It shows CUSTER SIZE WRONG.Does anyone have a fix yet?
I've never herd of this, but I think if you format in a PC you can set cluster size.

Read posts 1, 3, and 5 of this thread (page 1) to see my whole story.

Short story, I had to change brands to Transcend and the world was well. I tried all sorts of cluster sizes with the SanDisk and couldn't ever get it to work properly.

Read posts 1, 3, and 5 of this thread (page 1) to see my whole story.

Short story, I had to change brands to Transcend and the world was well. I tried all sorts of cluster sizes with the SanDisk and couldn't ever get it to work properly.
I had to switch as well.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. I NOW HAVE TWO SAN DISK CARDS FROM WALMART AT $29 EACH THAT I CAN`T USE.

Back