G1W dashcams.

Hawggy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
G1W-H
I have 3 G1W dashcams from BlackBox and I need another replacement. I am unable to find any available. Have they been discontinued? What is a suitable replacement for this type of Dash Cam.

They are rather old now, probably the manufacturers can't get the components any more!

For a cheap single channel dashcam, take a look at the:

If you can afford a bit more then this is recommended instead, significantly better in the dark:

Thanks..I was acually looking for something like the G1W's as i have it attached to my mirror by a mirror mount and the ubs is wired in...

Thanks..I was acually looking for something like the G1W's as i have it attached to my mirror by a mirror mount and the ubs is wired in...
Most modern cameras are using USB-C, so it will be hard to find something that will just plug in, unless it is already obsolete.
The Viofo A119 V3 that I linked above does still use a mini USB power socket though, and it is not too fussy on the power supply unlike a lot of more recent cameras, so that is probably a good choice. Normally it is mounted on the glass, but it can be stuck to other stuff with the lens looking underneath,

The G1W camera was great camera back in the day. It offered good performance at a reasonable price and was one of the first cameras to provide decent night time footage. By today's standards the G1W is woefully obsolete on many levels.

Nevertheless, you can still find them for sale at AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802713896945.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.31.71557a4cPLbuO6&algo_pvid=749e4c74-144e-4748-95a8-eed0ff3f24c6&algo_exp_id=749e4c74-144e-4748-95a8-eed0ff3f24c6-15&pdp_npi=4@dis!USD!31.10!31.1!!!31.10!!@210321c316930572401918976e58d0!12000022680563712!sea!US!0!A&curPageLogUid=QAQrdPqF6l1h
Thanks for the info and Link..Nice to see they are still available, however, shipping costs on this item rule it out. I will try for another style camera.

Thanks for the info and Link..Nice to see they are still available, however, shipping costs on this item rule it out. I will try for another style camera.

Shipping is only about 5 bucks for a camera you want that is otherwise unavailable anywhere else! At $31.10 USD the camera is selling for much less that it did originally even with the shipping.

Unfortunately I am in Canada and shipping is quoted around $36.00 Canuck to me in Ontario.,..

Unfortunately I am in Canada and shipping is quoted around $36.00 Canuck to me in Ontario.,..
YIKES!

I wonder why there is such a difference between shipping to the USA vs Canada since we are both in North America.

Just as well. I think you are better off with a more up to date camera anyway.

Back