g1w questions

sidewinder373

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm very new and not tech wise at all. I recently bought a cheap G1W($19) from eBay. I think it's not a fake since it has hdmi port? Anyway the instructions are useless. I really only want this for my work truck. So if someone causes a wreck, I have documentation.
My question is how do I set the camera to continually record? How do I save a recording if something happens? does the camera automatically record over old video if I don't save a video?

What I really need to know, what do I do to save the current recording? Say something crazy happens in front of me without a collision, how do I save that?

Mode button while recording.
You should see a lock/key icon on the screen when it's locked.

I don't think it is a real Novatek 1080P G1W dash cam for $19, maybe come with other chipset.
There are too many different G1W version.

I don't think it is a real Novatek 1080P G1W dash cam for $19, maybe come with other chipset.
There are too many different G1W version.

more likely Generalplus version or maybe something even cheaper, for $19 you feel lucky if it even works

IDK, it seems to work fine, I figured for $19 it wasn't really a BIG risk investment. Here's the eBay item if you want to check it out....400965307886

Yeah, you're right. Like I stated previously, not very tech savvy. Oh well, it's for my work vehicle, if nothing else I don't be too worried if it gets stolen or broken. I work in the day time so the poor night vision is no big deal. Thanks guys

Something is always better than nothing! Welcome to the dashcam community :)

Well you guys were right on the Mark, this thing is a POS. Locks up, won't do anything

The good news is that you buy the one with the right Novatek chip for 43 dollar on Aliexpress. It makes great videos. I like the 170' angle of the Eken H9, if you don't need that the G1W is perfect. Excellent quality. here one of my first test videos:

Will the eken loop record? How about night recording quality?
The good news is that you buy the one with the right Novatek chip for 43 dollar on Aliexpress. It makes great videos. I like the 170' angle of the Eken H9, if you don't need that the G1W is perfect. Excellent quality. here one of my first test videos:

Back