G1WH or G1W-C?

blackdragon12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I am finally going to dive in and get a dashcam. I was considering the G1W, but the black was OOS, so I came across the G1WH and G1W-C. I will be travelling about 2 hours a day (1 hour to work, and 1 hour back), and will be making 4-5 hour trips once a month.

Knowing this, which dashcam would be better for me for the long run?

G1WH Pros:
-wide angle lens
-more discrete because fully black

G1WH Cons:
-battery powered (could die, explode, etc.?)

G1W-C Pros:
-capacitor based so should be longer lasting?
-less overheating?

G1W-C Cons:
-not as discrete

Any help is appreciated!

I vote G1W-C :D

You may paint the lens if is so noticeable, and just like said Niko very wide angle lens made object farthest than is realy is

Okay, so apart from the aesthetics, what would be better for my driving patterns (2hrs a day, 5hours continuous once a month)? Capacitor or Battery?

Okay, so apart from the aesthetics, what would be better for my driving patterns (2hrs a day, 5hours continuous once a month)? Capacitor or Battery?

No difference really considering just those patterns. Welcome to Dashcamtalk fellow RFDer!

No difference really considering just those patterns. Welcome to Dashcamtalk fellow RFDer!

Thanks! I noticed you on RFD as well haha.

So even for 5 hours straight it makes no difference which one I get? I assumed that it would heat up after 5 hours of constant charge with a battery..

I never switch off the cord from camera, when battery is full, led light goes off and is same just like is unplugged

Back