G1WH video clips have annoying background chirping/noises

jackal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone please help me identify why I have these terrible noises in my video clips?

G1WH with a 32GB samsung evo card. Is it the microphone on the cam or the sd card? Card worked great in my Galaxy S5 phone. I deleted all the content before using it in the cam. The other knockoff G1W I have has better sound quality than this legit one.

Is it the microphone on the cam
It could be. My first suggestion would be to go through the sticky and update the firmware or try a different firmware if possible. If you still have the same issue it is something with the Mic itself.

Thanks, trying a firmware update now. Video clip is live now. Youtube took forever.

I have a regular G1W that i use the Shadow SC2 firmware on. Someone also posted a really new G1W-H only firmware that might fix the issue. Good luck with it.

After watching your I would get small chirps like that if it was silent inside the car, but nothing that loud and not noticeable unless there was complete silence.

Last edited:
Firmware update did not fix it. Sigh.

Spytec. I opened a ticket with them last night. I am going to swap the micro sd from my regular G1W which I know does not make this noise in to this G1WH.

I had an issue with a higher end model camera I bought from them and they took care of it. Good luck with your ticket.

Alright so with the slower class 4 micro sd the chirping is more of a buzzing noise. I have also been experiencing an issue where the camera will reboot over and over and over and over with no loss of power. The video clips saved during this time are unreadable. Going to RMA it tomorrow.

Still waiting on the RMA number so did some more testing today to see if it is was the 60hz setting that was causing it since that was the initial setting I chose. Just finished reviewing the videos and now there is no chirping or buzzing! I am not able to replicate that awful noise it was making before so maybe it was just some gremlins and now there are gone. I'll keep checking it over the next couple of days.

Back