G1WH vs G1W-CB video quality

Sincs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to buy a G1W and have pretty much finished researching which version I should go for... I've narrowed it down to the G1WH and the G1W-CB (from Spy Tec - or maybe E-Prance).

My question is.... does the H have slightly lower recording quality due to the wider viewing angle of 140 degrees versus the 120 of the CB?
How do they achieve the wider viewing angle if the lens used is the same across all models?

I'm not sure if it's in my mind but any time I see a sample video from an H it doesn't seem as sharp or as high-res as a sample from a G1W, C or CB.

I'm no expert on cameras, lenses, etc etc... far from it, so any info appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to DCT, Sincs!

Don't be fooled by what the sellers say in the specs. Both cameras have exactly the same FOV.
As to which one is better, nowadays no one knows if the video quality is going to be as good as before, it's always a bit of a hit and miss.

Welcome to DCT, Sincs!

Don't be fooled by what the sellers say in the specs. Both cameras have exactly the same FOV.
As to which one is better, nowadays no one knows if the video quality is going to be as good as before, it's always a bit of a hit and miss.

Thanks Module.

Think I'll just go for the CB. Due to capacitor vs battery pros/cons I might as well spend £10 extra to avoid any of the potential downsides that a battery brings.
I live in the UK so no extreme temperatures here - but still, might as well just go for the capacitor version.

Thanks Module.

Think I'll just go for the CB. Due to capacitor vs battery pros/cons I might as well spend £10 extra to avoid any of the potential downsides that a battery brings.
I live in the UK so no extreme temperatures here - but still, might as well just go for the capacitor version.
Good choice. At least the CB doesn't have that shiny ring around the lens.
As for the capacitor, better safe than sorry. The way the climate is changing you can't take for granted that the UK won't be affected by some southern Europe type of weather in a near future.

Last edited:
The G1WH shouldn't have the shiny ring. The one I received from Spytek did not have the ring, it is completely black in the front except for the LED light which is frosted white (same as the CB).
I should take them both out in the car and see if there is any difference in video.

So I've received it and done a quick check of the usuals that point towards it being fake/genuine..

So far so good it seems.

Videos are mov, 1080p, 30fps. Photo properties give 96650 as the model and mentions Novatek - however, in the 'camera make' field it just states "MAKER NAME". Not sure if this is suspect. The box it came in is orange too, which seems to be the colour choice of many fraudsters.

If asked whether or not it is a good/genuine G1W... I'd say it is at the moment, mainly due to videos being mov/1080p/30fps. Hopefully someone won't come along and tell me differently though.

I'll test out the recording quality tomorrow.

My G1W-CB came in an orange box but by all accounts, it is a genuine Novatek chipset.

My G1W-CB came in an orange box but by all accounts, it is a genuine Novatek chipset.
Have you taken a photo and checked out the jpeg properties? If so can you tell me what you get in the Camera Maker field please??

Have you taken a photo and checked out the jpeg properties? If so can you tell me what you get in the Camera Maker field please??

I will do that later today and post the information. Dont' have that camera with me right now at work.

Back