G90 Lockups

zorbs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
has anyone had the issue i have the G90 gps after 30 minutes or so it locks up indicator shows still recording but image is frozen. i have to hit rest button to get it working again. i have tried different firmwares and settings but all same behaviour currently running 441 firmware.

I had lockups when trying the a7la70 firmware on the a7la30 version - I didn't realize there was an a7la30 GPS version though.

Do you have a link to what you bought? I'm wondering if maybe you have the a7la50 or a7la70 version and it needs a different firmware? The 441 firmware was for the a7la30 version or at least the one I customised was.

will do, as i said, the lockup only occurs after a long period of time, also i have tried different cards in proccess of eliminiation

ok tried different cards and diferent firmwares, i suspect this maybe an heat issue locks up after about 20 minutes

ok tried different cards and diferent firmwares, i suspect this maybe an heat issue locks up after about 20 minutes

If you did not received a seperate GPS receiver, you will not get GPS ( ) . I would ask the seller for the latest firmware for your "Enhanced AMBARELLA A7LA30 CPU" G90.

yes the gps works came with the extra,, ive have dismantled the unit and the chips do get very hot..btw im a broadcast engineer so im very familiar with code and electronics, ahh a30 anyone got pointers to firmware?

def a a7al30 chip and does run gps just trying to find one that doesnt lock up :)

runs for ages when not recording, but locks up in rec mode, this has all been in ntsc trying pal mode now...

The only time I have had lock up issues was when I had it on in summer and left it in a hot car where the camera's heat would go past what the chip was rated for

ok i bought a second one the firmware i am looking for is trunk 449M

Back