Garmin 65W cameras (UK) fix

minimonkey147

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently updated to the newest 3.90 Firmware which has caused the camera alerts not to work anymore does anyone know how to revert to an earlier firmware version? I have checked on another Garmin 65W and the Cyclops UK database is listed, when I update the Garmin Cyclops Europe with Garmin Express the UK is still missing.

Last edited:
Many thanks, I manage to downgrade the firmware but it still had the cameras missing. I have tried a few different firmware's with the same issue so it looks like an issue with the Cyclops Europe subscription that is not updating the Europe/UK database but does put on others (eastern europe/germany etc). I have copied the gpi uk database from another 65w which shows up on the about section so that will have to do for now.

Thank you! I manage to downgrade the Firmware to different versions and still had the issue so I copied just the gpi database from another 65w and it worked. I then updated firmware to 3.90 and downloaded the subscription and then deleted all the gpi files in the garmin poi folder except for the one that was the same size as the working UK one and result! I have a working camera database. Not sure why it would download them all but not enable the UK one weird...

Last edited:
Many thanks, I manage to downgrade the firmware but it still had the cameras missing. I have tried a few different firmware's with the same issue so it looks like an issue with the Cyclops Europe subscription that is not updating the Europe/UK database but does put on others (eastern europe/germany etc). I have copied the gpi uk database from another 65w which shows up on the about section so that will have to do for now.
Hi
Having same trouble with 55 camera, could you send GB data base so can try it in the 55 camera .
Thanks

Hi
Having same trouble with 55 camera, could you send GB data base so can try it in the 55 camera .
Thanks
Garmin emailed me to say that this should have now been fixed. If you still have this issue you can download all the updates and all the Camera files to the device then browse to the device/garmin folder/Poi and delete all but the file that is about 734kb (this one is the UK database). This will get it working.

Last edited:
Thank you! I manage to downgrade the Firmware to different versions and still had the issue so I copied just the gpi database from another 65w and it worked. I then updated firmware to 3.90 and downloaded the subscription and then deleted all the gpi files in the garmin poi folder except for the one that was the same size as the working UK one and result! I have a working camera database. Not sure why it would download them all but not enable the UK one weird...
Hi

I know its an old post, however, with even the new updates its still an issue. Looking to downgrade this but how did you do it? Some of the replies on the thread are missing.

Long shot i know, but im eager to fix this as the dash cams are expensive!!

Cheers

Back