Garmin Rear Dash Cam

Anil1984

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Can any Garmin dash cams be used as read dash cams

What about the cable for the rear cam, is there any specific cable?

Garmin works great as a rear dashcam. Here is how I wired it on my wife's Toyota Highlander. Use the same cable supplied with your camera. You don't need to relocate the cigarette lighter plug as I did, I simply wanted to make sure no kids could unplug the Garmin adapter, so it's all behind the plastic panel.

Not all cars have a outlet in the back, i DID a DIY job on my little red car and now have 3 12 V sockets back there + a 2 A USB A plug.
Just a regular fuse tap for the +12 V and then i got -12 V from one of the bolts holding my rear seat in place.

Not all cars have a outlet in the back, i DID a DIY job on my little red car and now have 3 12 V sockets back there + a 2 A USB A plug.
Just a regular fuse tap for the +12 V and then i got -12 V from one of the bolts holding my rear seat in place.

Very nice! If you have a photo could you post. I have a Toyota Avalon and was thinking about adding a rear dashcam, but since it's a normal car there are no sockets in trunk.

It is just a generic 12 V cigarette 3 way adapter, opened the plug to see which one of the 2 wires was the + one extended it so it could reach my fuse box and wired it in.

61lrYj8qvgL._SX425_.jpg

If you want to go advanced you can use a Rhundo RS 20, this have a range of advanced possibilities and can be wired in on a always on connection, pr used in the front of your car if you have a car where the ciggerette plug are always on.
This one also have a timer function so if you wire it in always on, you can set it to keep power to your devises for any time after you keyed off your car, so thats pretty neat and sort of a hard wire kit too.
Only minus if the wire to the controller on the Rhundo are not so long so probably not good for use in the back of the car.

I have the Garmin 66 on the rear window of my Ford Raptor as well as the one on the front windshield. It works great facing rearward.

Back