Gearbest.com Dome G90 [avoid]

Mandami

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
G90 A7LA70 1, 2, 3, 4
Some issues with Paypal but GearBest solved the problem.

UPDATE: avoid

Last edited:
What communication have you had with GearBest after the error? What resolution did they offer?
As you said, mistakes happen as long as they're resolved.

Last edited:
After seeing the post of @Sunny about GearBest I thought it's a good opportunity to buy 3 G90 dashcams ...I was wrong.

In case you don't know about Gearbest here you can find some details. At the moment I'm writing this post, on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/gearbest there are 365 reviews and the overall rate for this shop is 5.84 / 10 (so, quite ****ty store).

On 18th Nov I placed two orders for two dashcams and on 23rd Nov for another one.
Theoretically with 1st December they had to start processing the orders, but they delayed almost one more week. Let's not forget that there were days when the price was lower than the "special" price for the pre-sales o_O.
On 5th December the status of the payment (on Paypal) changed to "complete" and Gearbest got the money. Whithout seeing any changes on Gearbest I worte on their website. For some immaginary problems they delayed more my order and in the end they ...cancelled these orders :confused:

Avoid Gearbest with all the price. You're losing your time and money with them. Find a local reseller (who can be trusted and buy from him). Even though I had some problems with Joovuu (due to a miscommunication) at least I got the dashcam.
With Garbage(st) you'll get garbage services and, extrapolating, garbage items.
I was just about to buy from gear best and this made me think twice. Thanks for your feedback, sometimes through feedback, others can make a better decision.

Last edited:
Many people here have had great experiences with GearBest.
Myself included. I have gotten things from them with no issue. They have also listen to and taken my feedback into consideration on different things.

After seeing the post of @Sunny about GearBest I thought it's a good opportunity to buy 3 G90 dashcams ...I was wrong.

In case you don't know about Gearbest here you can find some details. At the moment I'm writing this post, on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/gearbest there are 365 reviews and the overall rate for this shop is 5.84 / 10 (so, quite ****ty store).

On 18th Nov I placed two orders for two dashcams and on 23rd Nov for another one.
Theoretically with 1st December they had to start processing the orders, but they delayed almost one more week. Let's not forget that there were days when the price was lower than the "special" price for the pre-sales o_O.
On 5th December the status of the payment (on Paypal) changed to "complete" and Gearbest got the money. Whithout seeing any changes on Gearbest I worte on their website. For some immaginary problems they delayed more my order and in the end they ...cancelled these orders :confused:

Avoid Gearbest with all the price. You're losing your time and money with them. Find a local reseller (who can be trusted and buy from him). Even though I had some problems with Joovuu (due to a miscommunication) at least I got the dashcam.
With Garbage(st) you'll get garbage services and, extrapolating, garbage items.

I never had issue with Gearbest and they have the best prices.

You better contact Gearbest here in the forum and see what's going on.
If they canceled your order, your money should be refunded and they must have explanation on what happened.
I'm pretty sure they didn't take your money and didn't send you dashcams either.

messages, I count them :D. For the 3 orders I have 10.

I'll get my money back (I don't worry about that; in the worst case I open a dispute on Paypal website. What I regret is all the lost time).

Orders:
8xtNCBvEhlCyHHka

Paypal:
hPF744Gb1HIuj90I

My bank, 90.98$=75.86€ (my bank updates the payments with some delay)
X9z1GdTq4PywuN6Z
Dera MIA,

we wish to apologize for the difficulties you have been experienced.

First, your Paypal status shows "Unverified", and the financial department can not confirm payment security. Second, you placed 3 orders and the recipient countries are inconsistent. Theoretically, our internal system will cancel the order in this context. This is how our system works. However, our Customer Service noticed you order and sent you a email for some attachments to confirm the payment information to ensure we both property safety. Since we did not get your reply about that, so your order was canceled.

We feel very sorry for cancel your order for above reasons. I just applied an expedited refund for you, and you will get full refund today, please check your account later.

Best,
Gearbest

Last edited:
I confirm the refund. Could you also send me back my spent time with your store ? :D

Anyway, for me, the Paypal verification has another meaning. With a verified account, there is no limit of purchases. Otherwise I think the limit is 500 $. As long as the buyer completely pays the requested amount (and Paypal confirms) then I can't see where is the problem. A verified account gives Paypal more rights on the buyer or seller accounts, which it's useful in case of a dispute. But, then again it wasn't my case due to the fact that the payment was complete. So, you cancelled a perfectly good transaction.
Sending personal details (to an unknown recipient) can be very dangerous and in the actual context your request wasn't quite legitimate.
Dear MIA,

We do feel very sorry about the Paypal confirmation, and the inconsistency of recipient countries issues. However, this is how our web work and we believe what we did is trying to ensure we both property safety.

We would never want to let any our customers down, so we would like to work together to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Best,
Gearbest

But, then again it wasn't my case due to the fact that the payment was complete. So, you cancelled a perfectly good transaction.

This is not how paypal works. Verifying makes sure you are
A) not using a stolen card and the card belongs to you
B) Verifies your address

I wouldn't have shipped them either, verify your account and all is good.

Back