GearBest -- what a waste of time!

I am very disappointed with gearbest customer service and their huge delays as well. I did not see this forum until it was too late.

After placing an order and paying via paypal for a a118c my order was still in 'processing' status after 4 days.
  1. I raised a ticket (with my order number) asking when it would be shipped.
  2. They replied a day later asking what was the order number ???
  3. I gave the order number again.
  4. They replied another day later with "Do you still want it" ?????
  5. I responded yes - of course I have ordered it and paid for it so I did still want it.
  6. They replied another day later with ok we will ship out soon. Please check again in 3-5 days time ????

So it's still in 'processing' status after 8 days of them banking my money and stuffing around with delaying nonsense. Not shipped - just 'processing' - maybe indefinitely it would seem.

By comparison I also ordered the GPS unit from foxoffer (I could not find it on gearbest). Foxoffer shipped it the next day.

My advice is to spend an extra couple of dollars if you need to and shop elsewhere. IMHO If an online seller can't get an item into the mail in less than a week they should consider a different line of business. The word Pathetic comes to mind.

Last edited:
I am very disappointed with gearbest customer service and their huge delays as well. I did not see this forum until it was too late.

After placing an order and paying via paypal for a a118c my order was still in 'processing' status after 4 days.
  1. I raised a ticket (with my order number) asking when it would be shipped.
  2. They replied a day later asking what was the order number ???
  3. I gave the order number again.
  4. They replied another day later with "Do you still want it" ?????
  5. I responded yes - of course I have ordered it and paid for it so I did still want it.
  6. They replied another day later with ok we will ship out soon. Please check again in 3-5 days time ????

So it's still in 'processing' status after 8 days of them banking my money and stuffing around with delaying nonsense. Not shipped - just 'processing' - maybe indefinitely it would seem.

By comparison I also ordered the GPS unit from foxoffer (I could not find it on gearbest). Foxoffer shipped it the next day.

My advice is to spend an extra couple of dollars if you need to and shop elsewhere. IMHO If an online seller can't ship an item out in less than a week they should consider a different line of business. The word Pathetic comes to mind.

Hi silentwitness,

I would like to apologize for all the difficulties you have been experiencing. The China closes is approaching, as well as we are hosting our 1st anniversary promotion, so we've been very busy recently. I am so sorry for the delay, but could you pls tell me your order number? I will solve this problem for you ASAP.

Best,
Sunny

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi silentwitness,

I would like to apologize for all the difficulties you have been experiencing. The China closes is approaching, as well as we are hosting our 1st anniversary promotion, so we've been very busy recently. I am so sorry for the delay, but could you pls tell me your order number? I will solve this problem for you ASAP.

Best,
Sunny
Thanks Sunny - my order has now updated to shipped status after only 9 days "processing".
Unfortunately the tracking number gearbest provided me with (via postnl) does not exist on their system so I'll suppose something else may have gone wrong - I mean a tracking number would exist if it was shipped wouldn't it?

Also I do hope the A118C I ordered is in fact an A118C and gearbest are not shipping a battery model. The reason is I see written in the specs on the webpage

Battery type: Built-in
Capacity : 300mAh 3.7V capacitor battery

Not sure if or when I will receive a cam or if the ordered gearbest A118C is a capacitor model or a battery model. Time (and it would seem a lot of it) will tell.

PostNL tracking numbers take around a week to show in their system. This isn't controlled by the seller

Thanks Sunny - my order has now updated to shipped status after only 9 days "processing".
Unfortunately the tracking number gearbest provided me with (via postnl) does not exist on their system so I'll suppose something else may have gone wrong - I mean a tracking number would exist if it was shipped wouldn't it?

Also I do hope the A118C I ordered is in fact an A118C and gearbest are not shipping a battery model. The reason is I see written in the specs on the webpage

Battery type: Built-in
Capacity : 300mAh 3.7V capacitor battery

Not sure if or when I will receive a cam or if the ordered gearbest A118C is a capacitor model or a battery model. Time (and it would seem a lot of it) will tell.
Hi silentwitness,

Thank you so much for your patience. There maybe some misdescription about the product on our web, but you can rest assured that the A118C dashcam we are selling is capacitor model. As for the tracking number you see does not exist on their system, I'd like to explain it for you. Since your package is shipped by NL Post, the transit information will only shows after it arrives at Netherlands.

Have a nice day!

Best,
Sunny

Hi silentwitness,

Thank you so much for your patience. There maybe some misdescription about the product on our web, but you can rest assured that the A118C dashcam we are selling is capacitor model. As for the tracking number you see does not exist on their system, I'd like to explain it for you. Since your package is shipped by NL Post, the transit information will only shows after it arrives at Netherlands.

Have a nice day!

Best,
Sunny
Hi Sunny - I am a little confused about Gearbest Shipping. The gearbest website is very vague just saying that products are shipped from Gearbest warehouses.
I am in Australia.
I presumed you would send it from China directly to me in Australia.
Why is it being shipped to the Netherlands first ? I could not think of a longer route to me here in Sydney. 11 days after paying for the dashcam all I know is that is on it's way from a mystery location to Holland - a mere 16,690km from where I sit (but it hasn't even arrived there yet so I'll continue to be patient).
The gearbest website also indicates for flat rate free shipping delivery time to Australia is between 7 and 20 business days. I based my purchasing decision with gearbest on this. I presume the 20 days is the worst case scenario. I will post here when I actually receive it for anyone interested.

They go via Netherlands as the normal carriers won't take products with batteries in them, even though this product has no battery you get lumbered into the freight arrangement that they use for every other product due to shipping restrictions

silentwitness,

I recently ordered 2 A118C's from GB and will provide you with my experience to date in case it helps you.

Ordered 2/3 at 1730 hrs (U.S. time) which was 0730hrs on 2/4 (China time)
Received email with tracking number on 2/4 at 0130hrs (U.S. time)

My most recent tracking history is as follows:

Status of Shipment Country of Destination
09-02-2015 16:05 The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL
08-02-2015 12:35 The item has left the originating country
08-02-2015 00:00 The item has arrived in the transit airport
07-02-2015 06:13 The item is ready for shipment
06-02-2015 20:00 The item is at the airport of the originating country
06-02-2015 05:18 The item is pre-adviced
A signature is required upon delivery of this item.
Shipment details: (my tracking number deleted)
Registered Mail
The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL

I was unable to get the tracking link on the GB website to work so I get my info directly from here

http://www.postnl.post

On the right side of the screen is a place where you can enter your tracking number. Put the tracking number listed on your GB order page that looks like this RSxxxxxxxxxNL (where the x's are numbers).

My understanding is that the product is shipped from China to the Netherlands and then to the destination country. Keep in mind it will need to clear Customs in your home country which can take hours, days, or weeks (worst case scenario). GB has no control over Customs.

My experience thus far has been positive so I hope yours gets better. Good luck!

Best place to track is 17track.net

silentwitness,

I recently ordered 2 A118C's from GB and will provide you with my experience to date in case it helps you.

Ordered 2/3 at 1730 hrs (U.S. time) which was 0730hrs on 2/4 (China time)
Received email with tracking number on 2/4 at 0130hrs (U.S. time)

My most recent tracking history is as follows:

Status of Shipment Country of Destination
09-02-2015 16:05 The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL
08-02-2015 12:35 The item has left the originating country
08-02-2015 00:00 The item has arrived in the transit airport
07-02-2015 06:13 The item is ready for shipment
06-02-2015 20:00 The item is at the airport of the originating country
06-02-2015 05:18 The item is pre-adviced
A signature is required upon delivery of this item.
Shipment details: (my tracking number deleted)
Registered Mail
The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL

I was unable to get the tracking link on the GB website to work so I get my info directly from here

http://www.postnl.post

On the right side of the screen is a place where you can enter your tracking number. Put the tracking number listed on your GB order page that looks like this RSxxxxxxxxxNL (where the x's are numbers).

My understanding is that the product is shipped from China to the Netherlands and then to the destination country. Keep in mind it will need to clear Customs in your home country which can take hours, days, or weeks (worst case scenario). GB has no control over Customs.

My experience thus far has been positive so I hope yours gets better. Good luck!
Thank you for the tip on tracking and your experience. Yes - your order seems to be going the way they are meant to. I must be cursed. I place my order on January 30 (3 days before yours) and it seems to have disappeared into the ether. If I didn't get all that BS from them when I raised my ticket I would be inclined to give them ago - but I am treating this as a lesson to make myself feel better. Glad to hear someone has had some luck with them.

Back