General Observations

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had my DR900X Plus 2-camera system for about 3 months now, but just got back from a 3-week trip from Los Angeles to Claremore, Oklahoma and back to visit family. This was my first good opportunity to give it a real shakedown on the Interstates. For parking mode, I set the impact sensitivity to maximum. I was staying in a motel right along the old Route 66 going through Claremore. Just a few hundred yards across Route 66 was the mainline of the railroad tracks heading up to Chicago. I found that trains rumbling by in the night setup enough of a ground rumble to trigger the parking impact mode! It would shift from time-lapse to impact recording mode every time a train went by, which occurred several times each night, so I have a video record of each train! I have been very happy with the camera and have the B-124X and B-124E battery packs. I have found that the pair of battery packs, fully charged, will power the DR900X camera pair in parking mode for a minimum of 36 hours. I am amazed by how sharp its videos can be when I keep the car windows clean! While I saw several minor traffic events during the trip, none of them were really worth keeping.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kmd1970 DR900X Plus Series 1
Back