Getting paid for your Dashcam footage?

Eyefootage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
My name is Abdul and I am the founder of Eyefootage.com. I am currently a bodily injury claims adjuster for an insurance company and I am trying to solve a current problem that I run into on a daily basis. Obtaining any possible video/dashcam footage of accidents is instrumental in making the right liability decision and is so useful with holding the at-fault drivers accountable (i.e. he ran the red light, no she ran the red light).

Our only insurance solution right now is to call businesses and ask them if they have any video surveillance and see if they are willing to release it to us. The answer is usually no due to various excuses that they give us. With the emergence and popularity of dashcams/ ring doorbells, mobile recording device, etc…more and more accidents are being captured on video.

I am trying to gauge interest to see if anyone is interested in becoming a dashcam video footage contributor. You can submit your dashcam video footage (anonymously if you prefer) to us and be financially compensated once your footage is requested and paid for by an interested carrier.

My apologies if anyone mistakes this for spam, but I am simply trying to make something that can hopefully bring some value to people who have been involved in an accident where video footage can help their auto insurance claim. I also believe that people should be compensated for their time and video footage by insurance companies that have a budget for investigative fees.

We are currently gauging interest via our landing page and are planning to launch in New Jersey to start. We still encourage any sign ups to so we can update you and let you know when we will be available in your state.

Please let me know if you are interested in our services.
Thank you so much for your time and any feedback that you can provide.

We are also currently running a free dashcam giveaway for a

REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam Built-in WiFi GPS Front 4K/2.5K and Rear 1080P Dual Dash Camera​

Simply sign up for our waiting list at www.Eyefootage.com. Winner will be announced on 08/10/2022.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• Dashcamgiveaway.jpg
    Dashcamgiveaway.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 4
We are currently gauging interest via our landing page and are planning to launch in New Jersey to start. We still encourage any sign ups to so we can update you and let you know when we will be available in your state.

Please let me know if you are interested in our services.
Thank you so much for your time and any feedback that you can provide.
Unless you can make this a single upload website that is used by all insurance companies globally, I don't think it is going to be very successful. If I record an incident, I am not going to upload it to many websites run by many insurance providers, hoping that one of them might reward me for it, or even just hoping that a victim will benefit from my footage, the chances of it being found and being useful are too low to bother. If there was just one place I could upload it where there is a reasonable chance of it being found and useful then I will use that, if there is a guaranteed small reward for decent footage even if it doesn't get used then even better, if there is only a large reward for the very few uploads that are useful then maybe not.

Here we already have the police that we can send it to, and they will pass it on to anyone who might find it useful, assuming the relevant plates are in the image, or the incident has already been reported by the victim, or alternatively we can upload it to the police "bad driving" website and they will deal with the culprit even if there wasn't an accident. Don't really need anything more, although people might use a single well known site if it was available.

We are also currently running a free dashcam giveaway for a

REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam​

I suspect that is not real 4K...

Thank you so much for your feedback, Nigel.

What you are suggesting is exactly what we are working on building. I currently work for an insurance carrier, but I am working on this solution for all carriers. I am hoping to be able to work on it full time if there is enough interest. Eyefootage.com is one single website where anyone can upload their accident dashcam footage. We will then do all the legwork and find a buyer for the accident footage and pay the uploader for their footage.

I am so interested in working on this because I see the benefit and value almost daily. I just had a claim yesterday that dashcam video footage from another car saved our driver’s butt. The at fault person rear-ended our driver but lied to the police officer and said that our driver reversed backwards into him.

Thank you again for taking the time in your busy day to respond to me.

Back