Git 2 update brick

• Thread starter Deleted member 24437
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24437

Good Morning:
This morning I was happy to see on Gitup's site the stable 1.5. I unzipped and copied to my card and the cam started the blinking green sequence and turned off, but now will not turn on. I had updated to the beta a few days ago and cam was normal!
P.S. I thought it was a brick, but it returned to life with a " here I am" beep after a few minutes and has been properly functioning ever since, until the date/time glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Git2 can not be bricked. Try again on a fresh formatted card and be sure the cable is OK.

Git2 can not be bricked. Try again on a fresh formatted card and be sure the cable is OK.
I have tried everything I know including the newly-formatted card, and the Git 2 will not power up. USB cord has shown no discrepancies.
Is there a hard reset button?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried reloading the previous firmware? If it has power it will generally reload a firmware even if it doesn't currently boot
I set out to do that when upload of stable 1.5 failed, but the camera is unresponsive!

I set out to do that when upload of stable 1.5 failed, but the camera is unresponsive!
Don't worry, it will be fixable if you do it right.

I suggest starting from scratch with the loader (from the 1.4 release), then the 1.5 firmware. Make sure you give it plenty of time to install and remove the loader file after it has installed. (It is not easy to tell when the loader has completed installing, but it will do.)

Update: thanks all , for the inputs! The camera has awakened on its own with no additional mistakes from me It shows stable fw 1.5 06/21, and seems to be normal.

Don't worry, it will be fixable if you do it right.

I suggest starting from scratch with the loader (from the 1.4 release), then the 1.5 firmware. Make sure you give it plenty of time to install and remove the loader file after it has installed. (It is not easy to tell when the loader has completed installing, but it will do.)
Nigel: Thanks for the email! I think that was the mistake I made-rushing the fw install. Did not give the cam time to digest the changes-there were many! By the way does 3683 KB sound right?

Back