git2 poor video quality

But about the noise/grain in the video?
Even in 1080 im getting almost the same results
A bit of grain is good, it prevents colour banding in the sky. It should not be visible, but if you watch 720 video on a 64" 2160 monitor at a viewing distance of 1 meter then it is going to look very bad!

I will record some more videos in 1080p 60fps and will post.

It looks like out friend finally got the proper configuration. ;)

Or like me he sold the GIT2. Now after testing SJ5000X, Git1 and GoPro 4 i can say, that ma GIT2 was defective. And i think his GIT2 is defective too.

already tested in 1080p with many configurations, a little better but beyond what i was expecting.
think i will sell it anyway.
im disapointed with it.

All together is GoPro not worth 400Euro. But if you have enough light is the picture of GoPro better than the picture of SJ5000X and much better than my sample of GIT2.
The Picture by GoPro is not to over sharpened like by SJ5000X and GIT1/GIT2. And by good light the picture is very clean, without this noise and rush and turbulence, artifacts.

If you give the GIT1 a llitle bit more vibrance in the color and a higher Bitrate it would be very good cam for good light and lowlight.

GIT1 vs. GoPro Hero 4 Silver at lowlight:

I need to try to set the sharpness on the SJ5000X to low. On the GIT2 was this setting to soft. Maybe on SJ5000x are the steps smaller.

Here some crops. Video with GIT2 was taken at different time! Resolution on the GIT1 is here the lowest with 1920x1080P. Only 18Mbps on GIT1 vs. 30Mbps(SJ5000X) vs. 36Mbps(GIT2) vs. 45Mbps(GoPro)

GIT1 1920 x 1080P:

Bildschirmfoto%202016-04-30%20um%2020.47.44.png

GoPro 4 Silver 2704 × 1520:

Bildschirmfoto%202016-04-30%20um%2020.49.04.png

SJ5000X 2560 × 1440:

Bildschirmfoto%202016-04-30%20um%2020.49.40.png

GIT2 2560 × 1440:

Bildschirmfoto%202016-04-30%20um%2020.46.36.png

Last edited:
I don t know what was your setting , but when looking at those 4 pictures , The gopro silver in my opinion , is the worst

If I have to choose , I belive
git1 have the best sharpness setting in this picture with nice detail (missing color)
git2 have the best color setting in this picture not enought sharpness (missing detail )
sj5000x nice color setting way too much sharpness
gopro4 silver bad color not enought sharpness (missing detail)

I agree that the Git 2 was a bad investment. Very unhappy with the results, specially coming from a Gopro 4 Silver (returned bcos of wifi issues, bad decision, wasted money on this git 2 action cam wannabee)
In ideal conditions, outdoors, with daylight, without moving the "actioncam" a lot I get ok results. Film indoors and u get pixelated image , almost unusable, plenty of dead pixels and artiffacts. Film a moving object or the sea for example, or use it on my motorcycle, the results start to be diferent, almost bad, with gyro on it gets slightly better.
By no means this is not a gopro killer. Pay a bit more for a Sony As 30/100 or 200 or a Gopro session and enjoy a smooth video all the time. Just my opinion based on my experience.
U can blame memory card, pc, tv/display , thats not my case, it s just an average product.
I have to admit, the developers are working a lot to improve this cam based on reviews. Thank you

Sony As30V?? Come on, that the worst s&%t i ever used. That model and other new Sony cams has the same problem on the sd card slot ("MEDIA" "WAIT" just google it). Chromatic aberration all over the image, that's the worst lens i've seen.

Regarding to Git2, before i purchased i knew what to expect for the price and the camera is more than i expected, very happy for this. The firmware is updated constantly based on user feedback, more happy with that, who else do that?. I bought it because my AS30V became a brick and i didn't want to spend much money. I did the right choice!

You never shared an original video to give and opinion, maybe your unit was defective. Share a video and we can help more maybe if you are still interested.
Sony As30V?? Come on, that the worst s&%t i ever used. That model and other new Sony cams has the same problem on the sd card slot ("MEDIA" "WAIT" just google it). Chromatic aberration all over the image, that's the worst lens i've seen.

Regarding to Git2, before i purchased i knew what to expect for the price and the camera is more than i expected, very happy for this. The firmware is updated constantly based on user feedback, more happy with that, who else do that?. I bought it because my AS30V became a brick and i didn't want to spend much money. I did the right choice!

You never shared an original video to give and opinion, maybe your unit was defective. Share a video and we can help more maybe if you are still interested.

You need to read my post again!
What I said ( and u think the same) is that you get what you pay for. You pay 100€ and u re happy with ur git2, that s great. Me, I prefer to pay a bit more to get a better product. When you ll want to record an important event in your life and u get a video of poor quality, you ll wish u had spent that little extra to get something better. You are the first person I heard complaining about Sony cams, I have friends that use them for profesional skiing and are very happy with them, I ve seen the videos, and it beats hands down my crappy Git2 in the same conditions. The Git2 is not bad, but there are better ones out there.

These are some of my videos, you can find more videos of unhappy Git2 users if you want to see them. The person that started this tread states that he is unhappy with the results, and there are others, like me,that feel the same. If u are happy, that s great, I m not and that s my personal opinion after using this cam for months. Stop trashing Sony cams or Gopro when there are milion users worldwide happy with them.

Hi, everybody. Actually I bought Gitup Git2. And I have the same problem what andre ribeiro.
I write to Gitup , and also to banggood.com because from this webside I bought my camera. I'm waiting for answer.

Its a flop product.
To much hype and not so much good stuff.
Had used a sjcam 5000+ and it is so much better.

I agree that the Git 2 was a bad investment. Very unhappy with the results, specially coming from a Gopro 4 Silver (returned bcos of wifi issues, bad decision, wasted money on this git 2 action cam wannabee)
In ideal conditions, outdoors, with daylight, without moving the "actioncam" a lot I get ok results. Film indoors and u get pixelated image , almost unusable, plenty of dead pixels and artiffacts. Film a moving object or the sea for example, or use it on my motorcycle, the results start to be diferent, almost bad, with gyro on it gets slightly better.
By no means this is not a gopro killer. Pay a bit more for a Sony As 30/100 or 200 or a Gopro session and enjoy a smooth video all the time. Just my opinion based on my experience.
U can blame memory card, pc, tv/display , thats not my case, it s just an average product.
I have to admit, the developers are working a lot to improve this cam based on reviews. Thank you

Hi. Glad to know that someone also watch what I do. Also just buy it, when I do a test recording of 60fps 1080 inside, I notice that the image is grainy, noisy, at first I thought my camera came defective, but apparently occurs at all. But thinking it would only be that the problem, I have also observed that when shooting outdoors and go through an area with shadows or even if there is plenty of sunshine, if you look at the resulting image on the sky, also is noisy.
I have tried all possible configurations, especially trying to set the ISO 50 so that the image comes out as clean as possible, but you may have noticed that the ISO does not work if you activate the shutter speed. Of course, the problem is setting the iso 50 so that the image outdoors does not leave overexposed no use speed 1 / 240seg, need much faster (although it is recommended not to use more than twice the shutter speed with respect to the frames are recorded), or use a neutral density filter on the lens.

anyone else can comment on this?

How to solve the forest with alternating shadow and sunshine problem?

what action cam doesn't have that problem? cams not using novatek chips? ambarella chips? but then they have other problems?

what cam is between git2 and gopro? in price and quality?

anyone else can comment on this?

How to solve the forest with alternating shadow and sunshine problem?
Firmware 1.6 in 60fps mode does not drop to 30fps in the shadow, it gets a darker image instead, so that is one of the issues sorted. It also treats the over exposure (eg in a bright sky) a little differently, you will have to try it to decide if you prefer it.

With the Git2 (considering the price) I can forgive the cold tones under AWB, the low/muddy detail at distance and the awful internal mic, but the colors changing and jumping like that...mmm.
Not sure what your objection to the internal microphone is? To my ears it sounds like the best audio quality of any action camera. The GoPro 5 may handle wind noise better but if you are filming in windy conditions then you really want an external mic with a decent fluffy windshield to get decent audio quality, if you put a fluffy windshield on the Git2 then it doesn't have a wind problem.

The AWB is not bad, but no digital camera gets that right in all conditions, if you want it perfect then set a custom WB and make sure you adjust it whenever the lighting changes!

I don't see many other people complaining about "low/muddy detail at distance" ?

what action cam doesn't have that problem? cams not using novatek chips? ambarella chips? but then they have other problems?

Ambarella have a bunch of problems, some things they do well, others not so well

no products is perfect but best to see what ticks the boxes for you

Firmware 1.6 in 60fps mode does not drop to 30fps in the shadow, it gets a darker image instead, so that is one of the issues sorted. It also treats the over exposure (eg in a bright sky) a little differently, you will have to try it to decide if you prefer it.

Not sure what your objection to the internal microphone is? To my ears it sounds like the best audio quality of any action camera. The GoPro 5 may handle wind noise better but if you are filming in windy conditions then you really want an external mic with a decent fluffy windshield to get decent audio quality, if you put a fluffy windshield on the Git2 then it doesn't have a wind problem.

The AWB is not bad, but no digital camera gets that right in all conditions, if you want it perfect then set a custom WB and make sure you adjust it whenever the lighting changes!

I don't see many other people complaining about "low/muddy detail at distance" ?
Right on! There are You Tube videos comparing the last model of the SjCam 5000 series and the Git 2 mic. was head and shoulders above SJ! Elite, I think!

would have to wait for Yi4k price to come down considerably. I'm not convinced on SJCAM 5000x or S6 or S7, from what I've seen on youtube. Maybe the youtube videos don't reflect actual video quality? or bad settings? im not sure

What about the Mobius 2? I know it has no screen but how does it compare to the git2 otherwise?

Mobius 2 do not compare to Git 2, and Mobius 2 also need a lot of work on the firmware.

The main force of mobius cameras are the small size, and more aerodynamic shape, but other than that they are pretty basic cameras.

In regard to general 1080/60 footage the git2 is leagues ahead of the mobius 2

oh ok, I thought it would be better from youtube videos. What dashcam/ no screen cam compares to git2 video quality?

oh ok, I thought it would be better from youtube videos. What dashcam/ no screen cam compares to git2 video quality?
Normally the dashcam can do better than Git2 in low light condition as use 2MP, 3MP or 4MP sensor.
Our company @viofo will release a no screen dash cam with 2MP sony sensor next month.

Back