Git2 - Shutter Button Doesn't Click

ozpere

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Good day,
I've recently received my Git2 and have been using it only for a few hours in a waterproof case.
Today I took it out of the case and noticed that the shutter button doesn't click. I didn't notice it until now because it was inside the case and the button itself works, but it doesn't offer any resistance or any "click" feeling & sound when you press on it - which makes it uncomfortable to use.
Could you kindly assist me in resolving this issue?
Is it under warranty? Or perhaps is it easily fixable? I have no problems opening the camera and trying to adjust something around the button if you could guide me.
Thank you and awaiting your reply,
Oz.

There's not really any adjustment there. If you take it apart it will be obvious that the button assembly is not serviceable, unless somehow the silver shield part has come loose and allowed the spring/membrane to fall out, and might be able to be soldered back on, but I wouldn't count on that.

Here's a pic of the git1 but the 2 is almost identical in terms of the physical buttons themselves.

15%2Btop%2Bcables.JPG

And yes it should be covered by warranty - @gitup can probably help you if your seller won't help.

Thanks for the detailed reply!
I'd hate to send it back to china and wait couple of months for a replacement just because of a non-clicky button... unless there's a risk of the button's functionality wearing off with time.
Although I mentioned I have no problem opening it and tinkering a bit, I am no good in soldering.
What do you think I should do kind sir, if you don't mind me asking?

It is one general problem of the underwater case that you can't control the pressure on the buttons very good. You can easily press too hard which might damage the tiny mechanics of the micro switches. Even if they still do work, there can already be something broken inside, and total malfunction may occur.

You can try to unscrew a little the front buttons from the front case.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the feedback friends.
I've took it apart and got to the buttons themselves.
Unfortunately Gibson was right and the button itself is defective and not serviceable.
There is nothing loose or any visible fixable solution.
Gitup contacted me and I will proceed to communicate with them regarding the warranty.
Thanks a lot for your assistance!
I've added a short video of the internals of the camera and the non-clickable button. You can hear the click of the Settings & Mode buttons but not of the Shutter.
Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback friends.
I've took it apart and got to the buttons themselves.
Unfortunately Gibson was right and the button itself is defective and not serviceable.
There is nothing loose or any visible fixable solution.
Gitup contacted me and I will proceed to communicate with them regarding the warranty.
Thanks a lot for your assistance!
I've added a short video of the internals of the camera and the non-clickable button. You can hear the click of the Settings & Mode buttons but not of the Shutter.
Cheers.
Thanks for your video, I have replied your PM.

Back