Git3 "Settings" problem??

David Walsh

Reaction score
Country
France
New G3 just out of the box. Battery charged and card formatted - all seems to work EXCEPT for the Settings "cog-wheel" on screen lower left. Very occasionally it will work but you can touch the screen 20+ times and get no result. Anyone had similar problems; is a faulty screen a known issue? The swipe functions on the screen are not exactly inspiring either; sometimes requiring several swipes. Not too impressed as it's brand new. Any help appreciated!

No, no protective film. Oddly enough it works much better when my wife tries it, not 100% but she can get it to work about 50% of the time.
I'm worried that it's so poor when brand new. Without being able to get into "Settings" the camera will be useless.
The Pevly review of the Git3 mentions a reluctance for the 'swipe' functions to work reliably.
Anyone else out there with this problem? Thanks.

Had mine just over a week. I found that it is critical that you tap accurately. The setting cog tap for me needs to be at the bottom corner slightly in to the black surround. I have had play back screen problems but again finding the right spot to tap is the key. Also on the setting screens you need to hold for a moment on the selection rather than tap.

Thanks: it does seem that "tapping" is critical on mine too. I can now, usually, get it to work. As you say the Settings "tap" needs to be almost off the visible screen.
Bit of thread drift, another question: - If you set the video recording and simply walk away the saved "files" seem to be only about 12 or 13 minutes long, continuing to produce 12-13 minute files until the batteries runs flat. Is there some reason why the Git3 doesn't record one BIG file, hour(s) long? It's got a 128Mb card installed.
Thanks again.

The format used for the SD-Card is called FAT32 which as a file size limit of about 4Gb and depending on what resolution you use determines the size of file. If you use the largest resolution 4K you will find that it will only record about 2-3mins before starting another file. On playback these files should play back (on PC etc.) continuously, with no obvious join if you have player that supports them. So it is the SD-Card format causes the multiple files and will remain that way until the camera manufacturers adopt the NTFS or similar file system that does not have this restriction. FAT32 is use in most dashcam/action cams and the reason you must format in the device any SD-Card over 32Gb. Over 32Gb the SD-Card makers use a different format.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Git3 0
P Git3 2
D Git3 2
S Git3 1
A Git3 7
Back