Gitup 2 Lens Change

What is the difference with this new lens ? is it better than the old 90 lens ?

The new lens is a bit easier to focus properly, it also has 13 glass elements instead of 8. GitUp may give us more details about.

13 glass :cool: thats like 2 mid range dashcams from China.

13 glass :cool: thats like 2 mid range dashcams from China.
But with the 2 dashcams you get 2 free fisheyes, the GitUp 13 glass lens doesn't have any ;)

DAMM gitup they dont make it easy to stay avay from ther product, any one know what the MOD is for that lens ?

TwoBlues, might be, same thing for gopro. But I did read or watch a video where they had a narrow FOV lens for the gopro that did not stick out, but
you have to place some sort of gasket or sealing ring around it.

But otherwise you are correct, the rules of math, optics etc can not change, all you can do is adapt to the conditions you have, and create a sensor
or lens around the limitations. Otherwise you would have to make changed to the product it self. Not that much you can do about it, and I do think
there was (or is) a case for the gopro that will allow you to use a longer lens, not sure though.

It should be the same for gitup camera as well, there is a replacement lens for sony actioncams and they stick out as well. So you can not use the
underwater case.

TwoBlues, might be, same thing for gopro. But I did read or watch a video where they had a narrow FOV lens for the gopro that did not stick out, but

But otherwise you are correct, the rules of math, optics etc can not change, all you can do is adapt to the conditions you have, and create a sensor
or lens around the limitations. Otherwise you would have to make changed to the product it self. Not that much you can do about it, and I do think
there was (or is) a case for the gopro that will allow you to use a longer lens, not sure though.

It should be the same for gitup camera as well, there is a replacement lens for sony actioncams and they stick out as well. So you can not use the
underwater case.
G

underwater case.
God Morgon DennisOlof:
Gopro crops through three lens fovs and I have not read of a wide variety of different fov lenses for their cameras.
Either TechTronics9000, or Pevly has answered a question of mine affirming that with the new Gitup 90° lens , the waterproof case no longer fits!
For underwater video I will prefer the standard lens.
I saw that Sony has discontinued the optional deep diving waterproof door for the 4k x1000 action cam. Without it the round waterproof case lens distorts the view underwater!
Have a good day

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I understand that, if you change something about the camera, it is possible that the case does not fit. This is also the reason for all
the accessories for the gopro, and even third party stuff. They where first and have the most things for their cameras. Compared to other
brands. But then again, premium price, and then you would expect premium accessories.

Good for me I do not have the need for a waterproof case, but who knows, might come in handy some day ?

Some people say that 90º lens not fit on waterproof case.

I also heard that the lens gopro 3 (170) is compatible with GIT2 ... is that true?

Yeah I understand that, if you change something about the camera, it is possible that the case does not fit. This is also the reason for all
the accessories for the gopro, and even third party stuff. They where first and have the most things for their cameras. Compared to other
brands. But then again, premium price, and then you would expect premium accessories.

Good for me I do not have the need for a waterproof case, but who knows, might come in handy some day ?
Definitely, if you are in need of a myriad of accessories, and cost is no concern, Gopro is the action cam for you! However you cannot expect your Hero 4 black to film in 4k for as long as you want to! Can you??

TwoBlues, check the gopro forum, I wrote about that there, but yes you are right, there are heat issues with current gopro 4 lineup, reason for that I think is the higher performance
of the chip they used, but how much I do not know.

A lens twice the width of the Git2 :D

How about Minimum Object Distance?
Gitup's responder mentioned 4.35mm. I think that's the focal length, because the standard lens is 3 mm. It is 4 pm I expect the person we converse with will be online in 18 hours or so.
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Gitup's responder mentioned 4.35mm. I think that's the focal length, because the standard lens is 3 mm. It is 4 pm I expect the person we converse with will be online in 18 hours or so.
Mike
Yes, that will be the focal length.

Minimum Object distance is the closest point at which it can be focused, but since there is no focus mechanism on the Git2 I guess it is not a significant figure for most people.

Yes, that will be the focal length.

Minimum Object distance is the closest point at which it can be focused, but since there is no focus mechanism on the Git2 I guess it is not a significant figure for most people.

A lens twice the width of the Git2 :D

How about Minimum Object Distance?
I mean the Minimum Object Distance, I got this answer from lens manufacture.

Back