Gitup git2 - white screen of death

Matthijs Derks

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my gitup git2. I've had it for 3 months, but now the screen only displays white. Except for the display everything is working, I can take video's/pictures, connect over wifi, etc.

I have tried contacting gitup, but they have been ignoring my ticket for the last month.

I've read on this forum I could try taking it apart and checking/reconnecting the cable. But unfortunately that did not fix it for me, so it seems the problem is with the screen itself.

I had settings I was reasonably happy with so it was still usable. However I wanted to changes the resolution so I tried to do that with finalcam. Unfortunately that caused a factory reset for some reason. Now I have the wrong resolution setting, ugly timestamp in the bottom, lost stabilization and I lost the auto start setting.

Is there some app that will allow you to change these settings on the git2? Gitup has been promising to bring out an app soon for over a year, but that it appears that that isn't happening. :(

Any advice on getting my settings back?

Cheers,

-Matthijs

Thanks omegamoto!

That'll definitely help me, I'll try when I get home.
Are those presses from firmware 1.4? I've upgraded to 1.4 if i remember correctly and I noticed the menu's changed slightly.
If anyone also might know the key sequence for quick-start recording and to change resolution I would greatly appreciate it :)

Gitup has been promising to bring out an app soon for over a year, but that it appears that that isn't happening.
I think you should stop expecting any app from Gitup. All they do is announcing a phantom. Their behaviour in this respect is typical for a company doing nothing but fooling the customers. I honestly doubt that they are working on an app.

@Matthijs Derks , have you solved the LCD screen issue, I have sent PM to you.

Gitup is sending me a replacement screen, that should fix my issue. :) I'll update if it works!

Hi! 37 days later I'm interested if it worked for you as I'm having screen issues myself.

And yes, wouldn't it be nice if personal screen settings could be saved so you always had a restorable default mode for this cam?

It actually might help if everyone posted their serial number (to be found inside battery compartment) so production problems could be pinpointed quite easily. I bought 3 cams and only ONE seems to perform ok ....... Quality control seems to be a major issue.

Hi! 37 days later I'm interested if it worked for you as I'm having screen issues myself.

And yes, wouldn't it be nice if personal screen settings could be saved so you always had a restorable default mode for this cam?

It actually might help if everyone posted their serial number (to be found inside battery compartment) so production problems could be pinpointed quite easily. I bought 3 cams and only ONE seems to perform ok ....... Quality control seems to be a major issue.
Most of users solved the issue by replaced the LCD screen.
Most of the issues is caused by the LCD screen cable, this is improved in recently batch.

Hi Joyce,

I have received the replacement screen 2 weeks ago, but didn't have time to replacing it until 2 days ago.

After the replacement it was working perfectly again.

From my point of view if there was a good app, to change all the settings, the screen would not be necessary. It's unfortunate that with big known quality issues they still ignore tickets on their website. Posting a topic on a public forum seems to be the only way to get a replacement screen.

Hi Matthijs,

Was it difficult to insert the replacement LCD screen into the socket? Did you have to use a lot of force?

I have to replace my screen as well.

Hi Matthijs,

Was it difficult to insert the replacement LCD screen into the socket? Did you have to use a lot of force?

I have to replace my screen as well.
Don't use any force, lift the clip on the socket, lift the old cable out with nearly zero force, place the new cable in the socket, make sure the cable is straight, in the guides and all the way in (use a magnifying glass to check), close the clip.

Thanks for the clear instructions Nigel! I will do this tonight.

hi psychosystema,

Check youtube video's like this one:

You have to flip the black clips before removing the connectors.

Thanks guys for the video and advice! I was able to replace the screen perfectly.
I also used silicone adhesive to stop the rattling of the plastic part of the back led light.

My git2 has been having the white screen for almost more than a month, and have been using it like that. I am not aware that lcd can be replaced.
Will be ordering one and hopefully it will solved the issue.

Back