Gitup2 git2P is hot, its normal ?

Wookie

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello, I got a webcam today, but during the tests I sensed that it is getting hot, is it normal? Most during the recording it warms up in the front, while it is warmed up during charging ...

It is normal these cameras to be hot, but not very. Make the recordings you want and check if camera is working normal, continuously without restarts, if the image is not becoming blurred after some time of recording. Avoid to use poor Micro SD cards and avoid Sandisk Ultra.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have a Kingston MicroSD XC Ultra1 class10 card.

My Camera :

Sensor: Panas0nic MN34120PA 90angle

Firmware: GIT2P_V 1.1.4_1206

Somebody wrote to me that recently there were some defective copies in the BG store, right?

I have been setting the same camera out in very cold conditions (-20 degrees Celsius) with an external power bank for 8 hours a day, and it still feels almost warm. This makes me a bit worried worried about summer.

Yes action cameras are not really meant for long recordings, and they often get some airflow ( action related ) to cool them.
One user in here made his SJ7 star melt using it as a 4K dashcam, my SJ7 star have been working fine in regular action camera use, and it can record a whole battery if need be.
And i have used a SJ6 Legend in dashcam mode to record a 9 hour long drive on the 1 good summer day in 2017, but i will not recommend that or any other action camera for dashcam use.

I have been setting the same camera out in very cold conditions (-20 degrees Celsius) with an external power bank for 8 hours a day, and it still feels almost warm. This makes me a bit worried worried about summer.
It's good that it is warm, operating at -20 internally would not be good for the components.
Shouldn't be getting much above 0 though, so only relatively warm?

In summer, you should try and keep it shaded with ventilation, don't keep it in a sealed box that reaches 90C inside and do have some sort of sunshade over it. I wouldn't worry to much unless air temperature is well over 30C though.

I have been using my Allwinner several summers in an enclosure recording for the whole day and nothing melted. The summers where I am can get very hot. I have my means to provide a little cooling, and try to never have it in full sun. I guess with the Git I will be extra careful then. The Git right now was not getting hot, just warm. Maybe it felt more so because it was so extremely cold outside. Thanks for the replies!

Back