Goluk app is dead, what now?

ldardini

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The Goluk brand seems gone. The app has been pulled out from the app store and the one installed stopped working. You can still access the webcam files from the SD card, but there is no way to connect to the dashcam to change its configuration or check the data in realtime. Any idea on how to replace the features of the Goluk application?

Ciao Idardini. Welcome to the forum.

That is the big problem with the screen less cameras, add to that small brands that come and go, and you might run into problems as you have.
I dont think there are any not brand locked APPS that could take over, if there is you for sure need to know what hardware ( SOC ) are inside CUZ i for sure dont think there is a APP that cover several chipsets / models of chips.

The Goluk brand seems gone. The app has been pulled out from the app store and the one installed stopped working. You can still access the webcam files from the SD card, but there is no way to connect to the dashcam to change its configuration or check the data in realtime. Any idea on how to replace the features of the Goluk application?
You can download the app from here https://www.dashcams.co.uk/faq but having checked it looks like that link directs straight to the google play store and the app is back in there. Looking at the notes there was a discrepancy in the SDK and thats been updated now.

Yes, it does appear Goluk is no more, shame as the camera’s were good for the price point, and I really liked the small screen-less design. A slightly annoying work around is that I need to keep an older iPhone SE (1st gen) in the car that connects fine for image download, and then just airdrop that across to the main phone. For ref I’ve also swapped out the internal battery’s on mine now when they began to fail, used to this now as I have 4 cameras in 2 cars, would like a few more for other family members but as now obsolete cannot buy and seems silly getting tech that may fail to function at any point.

Yes, it does appear Goluk is no more, shame as the camera’s were good for the price point, and I really liked the small screen-less design. A slightly annoying work around is that I need to keep an older iPhone SE (1st gen) in the car that connects fine for image download, and then just airdrop that across to the main phone. For ref I’ve also swapped out the internal battery’s on mine now when they began to fail, used to this now as I have 4 cameras in 2 cars, would like a few more for other family members but as now obsolete cannot buy and seems silly getting tech that may fail to function at any point.
Apps are available in google play and IOS stores still and you can also buy their T2s 2.5k camera from dashcams.co.uk. I bought 2 more in the black friday sales https://www.dashcams.co.uk/product-page/goluk-t2s-2k-dashcam-32gb-wifi as these newer ones have super capacitors so no failing lithium batteries. Apparently the discount code "BLACKFRIDAY" is still working too, so you get them half price if youre lucky.

Look into generic dashcam apps like "CaroO" or "AutoBoy."

Back