Goluk T1,2, or 3?

KarlBristol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
None yet but hopefully a Goluk
From my other thread we have pretty much established that the Goluk is the manufacturer for me and meets all of my needs.

Question is as a noob I can't see much of a difference between the T1,2 or 3 despite a mere £10.

Can someone enlighten me as to which unit I should buy and why please.

Thank in advance

The Goluk T1 and T2 is the same.

Differences between the Goluk T1/T2 vs. T3:

T3:
  • Hisilicon Hi3516C Processor
  • Panasonic low-light image sensor
  • F2.0 Aperture 141 wide-angle
  • Capacitor
  • Price: $99.99

T1/T2:
  • Ambarella S2LM Processor
  • Aptina CMOS sensor
  • F2.0 Aperture 152 wide-angle
  • Price:
    • T1 - $129.99
    • T2 - $149.99

Here are the reviews for Goluk T1:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...rella-s2lm-wifi-capacitor-parking-mode.25717/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/goluk-t1-review.22147/

And Goluk T3:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/goluk-t3-review.26165/

Thank you very much

I've gone through some of your very comprehensive reviews now on all three cameras which proved very very helpful.

Whilst the T1 and 2 seem like slightly better cameras and less grainy I think I may go for the T3 solely for the longevity it should provide in comparison being fitted with a capacitor and not a battery.

One quick question on all three;
Can you change the mode on the phone app?
Ie if I was running them from a battery pack the camera wouldn't automatically recognise I'd parked. So could I switch from normal filming to "park" on my phone in order to save physically messing with the camera?

What sort of range does this WiFi have?
I'm guessing I have to basically be sat in the car to remotely view footage on my phone?

Thanks again for all the help

You can disable parking mode via phone app; not sure how far the range is, as I rarely touch the options once it is all set up initially.

The camera will recognize it as parking mode when the car isn't in motion based on the g-sensors built-in. Once the Goluk detects motion, it will start recording in normal mode again. It doesn't matter if you power it via battery pack or cigarette lighter as long as it detects that the car is parked, it should go to parking mode automatically after 2 to 5 minute (forgot the exact time) when parked.

That is exactly what I needed to know
Thank you

@runtohell121

If the car is bumped in parking mode setting off the g-sensor, does the T-3 start recording full-time again then go back to parking mode after the delay time?

I ask because a different cam only records 20 seconds after a parking event which may not be isn't long enough.

I'm going to spend some time looking into the T-3 online more deeply this weekend so I may be bugging you with more questions if I can't find those answers :D

Thanks in advance!
Phil

As far as I know, when the Goluk goes into parking mode, whenever it detects motion, it will record 8 seconds before and 8 seconds after, total 16 second clip to record the incident. Same goes for g-sensor detection during parking mode. Only 16 second clips when something happens. Not sure will Goluk change it in the future, as if there's a lot of customer wanting it, I would believe they could change it in the firmware.

Ordered my T3 and Cellink B today
Roll on delivery. Can't wait!!!

Back