Goluk T3 Review

I suppose it's coming. There was no selection to turn it off in the Android app. The update just turned it off.

Really like this dash cam. Simple to set up. Simple to use. No buttons on the camera to have to fumble around with. Everything controlled from your phone. Wi-Fi connects quickly and easily. When it connects videos from the Magickey download automatically to your phone as do any emergency videos.

Videos are extremely sharp. Uploads to YouTube don't do them justice. Can easily be used as either a front or rear camera.

Black case would be nice but capacitor should make it much more reliable than the T1 or T2.

Last edited:
Exceptional review! Many thanks. Does the parking mode record again if it continues to detect motion beyond 8 seconds? Is there any gap between the recordings?

I agree that the T3 looks to be very grainy and has troubles with darker objects and makes them all big black blobs. Not worth buying IMO, and a shame that they didn't go with more premium and latest hardware (Ambarella A12, 1440P resolution, wider lens, CPL filter option, etc).

Is there any difference in the features between T1 vs T2? I'm only finding the exclusion of the Forward Collision Warning on the T2 (which nobody uses anyways). They both have the same parking mode features right?

Disagree completely about the T3's night mode. my nighttime driving is mostly on unlit roads and the T3's night picture is the best I've seen, much better than say, the Joovuu X which is supposedly employing a much higher resolution Interesting that what I get off the T3 is so much better than any of the videos I've seen here or on Youtube. Check out the video on Amazon.com. I thought he must be using awfully powerful headligths but when I tested it with my ordinary headllights the video was just as good. The T3 video displays everything I can see through the front window. Can't ask for anything more.

Exceptional review! Many thanks. Does the parking mode record again if it continues to detect motion beyond 8 seconds? Is there any gap between the recordings?

I agree that the T3 looks to be very grainy and has troubles with darker objects and makes them all big black blobs. Not worth buying IMO, and a shame that they didn't go with more premium and latest hardware (Ambarella A12, 1440P resolution, wider lens, CPL filter option, etc).

Is there any difference in the features between T1 vs T2? I'm only finding the exclusion of the Forward Collision Warning on the T2 (which nobody uses anyways). They both have the same parking mode features right?

As far as I can remember, there isn't much gap if any when detecting motion, but I've turned it off a while ago after the update since it's just filling up the parking mode folder to useless clips in my scenarios I park in.

I can't agree or disagree, as at this price point and mainly it's parking mode is one of the selling point for this dash cam. It's nice to see that there are some manufacturers who uses different sensors and chipset as opposed to just using an Ambarella or Novatek processor and the so popular Sony Exmor sensors. Like to see some varieties once in a while and see how other stack up against them ;)

Goluk T1 and T2 is pretty identical. I never tested any of the driving assistance feature, but the parking mode is the same on both camera.

@runtohell121, What is your parking mode setting? Below is what I had but seem like clips are missing. Majority car drove pass my car to park or move out did not show in the clips. Contact seller but they said I need to lower down the camera little, I did and still no improvement. As stated, battery was fully charged and 32Gb was fully formatted (FAT32) . Transcend Information 32GB High Endurance microSD Card with Adapter (TS32GUSDHC10V)

Thanks
Hi,

I have T3 hardwired and connected to Cellink Battery B 2nd Gen. In T3 setting, what is the different between Parking Sleep Mode and Parking Security Mode? I know only one can be enabled. When I park at 5pm and came back 6pm. A car park in front of my car move out but dashcam did not record it. Is my setting wrong? Cellink Battery was fully charged. See picture of my current setting.

v7qlfn.png

As far as I can remember, there isn't much gap if any when detecting motion, but I've turned it off a while ago after the update since it's just filling up the parking mode folder to useless clips in my scenarios I park in.

I can't agree or disagree, as at this price point and mainly it's parking mode is one of the selling point for this dash cam. It's nice to see that there are some manufacturers who uses different sensors and chipset as opposed to just using an Ambarella or Novatek processor and the so popular Sony Exmor sensors. Like to see some varieties once in a while and see how other stack up against them ;)

Goluk T1 and T2 is pretty identical. I never tested any of the driving assistance feature, but the parking mode is the same on both camera.

I noticed that there is a firmware update for the Goluk's. Looks like a couple of language additions that I don't need and a parking mode addition or change. Sometimes firmware updates include features and changes that are not specifically highlighted in the announcement and sometimes they create unexpected problems. Has anyone installed the update ? Any thoughts overall.

I noticed that there is a firmware update for the Goluk's. Looks like a couple of language additions that I don't need and a parking mode addition or change. Sometimes firmware updates include features and changes that are not specifically highlighted in the announcement and sometimes they create unexpected problems. Has anyone installed the update ? Any thoughts overall.

I installed it. There are no problems with it that I've found.

Goluk App version: 1.2.12.38
Firmware: T3U_V1.3.0504.0229

iPhone 7 Version 10.3.2

Ever since the update, Live dashcam no longer working. It just show a spinning loading as screenshot below. Anyone had this issue? I contact Goluk, they said live feed not working.

upload a pic to have an html

Back