Good dash cam under $50?

James Burton

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm new to this world of dashcams, and not sure where I want to go with it. I'm wondering if there is a good dash cam available for under $50 (USD)? I don't necessarily need a lot of features, just good basics. I keep an eye on the local electronics ads, but the bad models are overpriced for their poor quality, and I'm not ready to spend money on a great model yet, so what do I do?

Btw, I would like to buy in person if possible. To buy something online, it would need to be really well recommended, and/or a fantastic price.

Thanks for your help.

I was afraid of that. Is there something I can buy online that has really great reviews for $50 or less?

If you buy then only locally from authorized seller with good support, preferably Fulfilled by Amazon.

I would recommend G1W-C, but there are so many fakes out there, so you it can be hit and miss. Original one cost around 50usd.
If you add 10 more usd then you might want to check A118C

A118C you can get for 59usd.
or from authorized seller Spy Tec for 69usd, they have also retails shop somewhere in NY if I remember correctly ?

! bought 2 G1W-HC cams over a month ago from Gearbest and they've been working well so far. One did "forget" some of it's settings once ( traced to a loose power connection) but it was still recording. They were about $35 and the price has increased slightly but it seems they are worth it. You need to be in the $100+ range to get a really good cam which you can positively trust though sometimes you can get lucky like I did, and of course you need a good SD card to go with it (only the best cards will do for dashcams; avoid SanDisk though).

Phil

Back