Good dashcam for direct sunlight driving...

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
My cheapo C600 is bad all the time but it's worse when driving against sunlight.
I messed around with EV +2/3 and still hard to get anything of the back of other cars as it's too dark when the Sun is in front.
I live in the West part of metro and work in the East part so the Sun is always in front coming to work in the morning and going back home in the evening.
Is there anything decent that doesn't break the bank?
thanks

This was from a Powerucc Panorama which is viewed as one of the best all rounders on the market:

Every time I watch a Panorama video it makes me more tempted to order one :)

This was from a Powerucc Panorama which is viewed as one of the best all rounders on the market:

The Panorama handles direct sunlight extremely well. I'll try to find some of my clips which highlight this.

That guy is driving horribly fast.

Thanks. I'll read on the Panorama.

I watched review of Viofo VF960 G900 and it has great video against sunlight.
The only thing that's not good as per the review is very low audio recording.
It's $80.

That guy is driving horribly fast.

Thanks. I'll read on the Panorama.

I watched review of Viofo VF960 G900 and it has great video against sunlight.
The only thing that's not good as per the review is very low audio recording.
It's $80.

VF960 G900 maybe OK within its price range, but you can not compare it with Panorama. It's like comparing Ford Fiesta with Ford Mondeo, - they are two different classes. Panorama 2 is going to beat VF960 from any point ( except price )

VF960 G900 maybe OK within its price range, but you can not compare it with Panorama. It's like comparing Ford Fiesta with Ford Mondeo, - they are two different classes. Panorama 2 is going to beat VF960 from any point ( except price )

I bet Panorama 2 is going to beat VF960. It's 3 times the cost but I'm looking for something that's good enough.

I bet Panorama 2 is going to beat VF960. It's 3 times the cost but I'm looking for something that's good enough.

It's all about your budget ;)

CPL filter is best if you will be driving towards the sun. Unfortunately most cameras with CPL are more expensive.

Can I put a filter cap in front?

You can. Many have done DIY filters for a variety of cameras.

That'll work. I know the difference as I can't drive without my polarized sunglasses.

The Viofo G900 i have one of those i updated the firmware to the last one issued and the sound was very good. Gave it to my sister still working great. Wished i had kept it.

200 km/h. I think we have a candidate for the Darwin Award.

That speed is legal on the autobahn in places - the biggest difference is lane discipline out there is superb in comparison to what we have here in the UK - i.e. people look before they overtake, and then pull straight back in afterwards.

In the UK the legal speed limit is 70mph on our motorways and yet you can learn to drive and pass your test without ever going near one. We probably get more accidents here at 60-70mph than they do in Germany at 150mph where drivers just don't look, can't judge speed or are just plain stupid.

Very low.

Very low: 200, 150, 100, 50 ... ?

Unfort u can not have good stuff for very low price. Thats applies to everything in life.
To have more you have to pay more ;)

+1 for the Panorama, it wasn't rated Best All Around for nothing :)
Updated 2014 S model has CPL option as well. (perfect for anti-sun glare)
I understand if budget gets in the way. Once you realize how important having a DVR running at all times in your car is, it's worth paying a bit more for proven reliability, quality, and performance.

Very low: 200, 150, 100, 50 ... ?

Unfort u can not have good stuff for very low price. Thats applies to everything in life.
To have more you have to pay more ;)

Yes, I may just put my DSLR's polarized filter in front of a cheap dashcam's lens. :D

Back