Got my new Power Magic Pro Plus today, made a video for anyone interested in hard wiring solutions.

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

since my car's fuse box is horribly low I cant show the actual connection but any newbies searching this forum right now can potentially learn something.

Wow, that pretty much mirrors my install. I also had a Power Magic Pro and was also pleased to find out that the front channel had the exact wiring, which really sped up my install of the new Power Magic Pro plus.

What was nice in my VW, is that there were empty/unused fuse slots, some that were always on and some that came on the with ignition. So using two add-a-fuses, I was easily and quickly able to find those with my test light and use them without tapping into in-use circuits. This was not the case in my other car where I had to tap into in use circuits. I used non essential circuits and have had no issues. The add-a-fuse really makes it a tidy install.

Hard wiring is the way to go, nice video! I am sure it will help to inspire a few folks to wire them in right.

Cheers!

Back