GPS and Time

Slava7

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
DCTEAM Viofo A119 Pro MOD-7Th , Thinkware F70,
How come that installed GPS not detect automatically the time where the coordinates where you are, every time I updated the firmware, I have to set it again.

How come that installed GPS not detect automatically the time where the coordinates where you are, every time I updated the firmware, I have to set it again.
When you install firmware, the camera defaults it's settings. You need to reset the time zone offset.

you have to set your Time Zone & take in to account Daylight Savings (plus or minus 1 hour)

you have to set your Time Zone & take in to account Daylight Savings (plus or minus 1 hour)

That is annoying to do, if the GPS gives you current location , it will also gives you the real time. like the Garmin Dash Cam 20 that I have before

That is annoying to do
it is, but you'll have to do it manually twice a year, and every time you upgrade the firmware and default the camera's settings.
smile3.gif

That is annoying to do, if the GPS gives you current location , it will also gives you the real time. like the Garmin Dash Cam 20 that I have before

time is only transmitted as GMT 0 any offset to suit local time is done in the device, the Garmin has a database table that it looks up to determine what time zone the device is in, an advantage they have from being in the GPS navigation business

Back