GPS latitude data wrong

Fulminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just bought a mini 0903. It works well as a dash cam but in trying to view the output of the GPS position on a map, I find myself in the middle of the ocean, trying to keep my head above water. My real latitude is about 53 deg N, but the log files and the GPS stamp suggest 5300 degrees and tries to put me on the equator. It would be correct if the decimal point was two places to the left. I have downloaded new firmware and installed it (actually, I went through the motions, so now I'll check that the latest firmware actually loaded). No difference found.
Has anyone else seen this problem and have you found a solution?

Hi,

I have just bought a mini 0903. It works well as a dash cam but in trying to view the output of the GPS position on a map, I find myself in the middle of the ocean, trying to keep my head above water. My real latitude is about 53 deg N, but the log files and the GPS stamp suggest 5300 degrees and tries to put me on the equator. It would be correct if the decimal point was two places to the left. I have downloaded new firmware and installed it (actually, I went through the motions, so now I'll check that the latest firmware actually loaded). No difference found.
Has anyone else seen this problem and have you found a solution?

Are you using Registrator Viewer?
If you are have a look here. I was in the middle of the English Channel until I used the correct version and set the options correctly.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/registrator-viewer.18451/page-2

The log files seem to be correct. Here is an example,
A,260716,183411.000,5142.3350,N,106.2741,W,0.6,+0.13,-0.57,+0.54;
I think the problem is in the embedded stamp in the video which shows the correct longitude but the latitude appears as 5142.3350 degrees, and not 51deg 42min 33.50secs. This is a firmware or software problem, yet I have the latest version from the nanodashcam.com website dated 21 March 2016.
If I import the video file to a dashcam viewer (dashcamviewer.com), it does not recognise the latitude coordinate.
I feel that there must be a later version of the firmware that resolves this. Do you have any advice?

The log files seem to be correct. Here is an example,
A,260716,183411.000,5142.3350,N,106.2741,W,0.6,+0.13,-0.57,+0.54;
I think the problem is in the embedded stamp in the video which shows the correct longitude but the latitude appears as 5142.3350 degrees, and not 51deg 42min 33.50secs. This is a firmware or software problem, yet I have the latest version from the nanodashcam.com website dated 21 March 2016.
If I import the video file to a dashcam viewer (dashcamviewer.com), it does not recognise the latitude coordinate.
I feel that there must be a later version of the firmware that resolves this. Do you have any advice?
AFAIK mini 0903 does not embed GPS info into the video file. It is stored only in gps text files.

I never got the GPS to show up at all in dashcamviewer.
The 0903 seems to use a different format than other mini series cameras.

I never got the GPS to show up at all in dashcamviewer.
The 0903 seems to use a different format than other mini series cameras.
"Registrator Viewer" works if you "attach" the GPS track files. I posted how-to earlier in this forum.

"Registrator Viewer" works if you "attach" the GPS track files. I posted how-to earlier in this forum.
Thanks for your help on this. I cannot download Registrator Viewer, either the exe or the zip file. It might be windows defender being a bit over-protective, but I think the downloads part of the Registrator site might be down. I'll try again shortly, but I was hoping to use dashcamviewer to view the data. Anyway, I'll take what works.

Thanks Jokiin, all seems to be OK with the mediafire download of registrator viewer.

Back