GPS module for aukey cams

Cqdx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey everyone.

I’ve been looking to find the gps module for a dr02 cam. According to Aukey themselves they are no longer making them (gm-32) ..... boo

Anyway there are lots of generic gps modules with standard 3.5 mm plugs on eBay. Just wondering if anyone has experience using one of those with these units?

Thanks in advance!

D

I have not tried a generic one, but I can tell you that the Street Guardian GPS module does not work with the Aukey cameras.

Do you know why they have stopped making them? They're still selling cameras and advertising the GPS features....

The reply I got back simply stated they do not have them in stock and have no information regarding future availability....which I took to mean they were unlikely to have them in the near future.

The generic ones aren’t very expensive running between 10 and 20 usd so I may pick one up just to see.... most seem to be made for viofo gear so it would be a crap shoot.

Thanks for the reply Tony!

the Viofo ones use a different chipset but still use the same data format as ours so if ours won't work as @TonyM mentioned then the Viofo ones won't work either

Hello, I have used the GM-32 GPS module for Aukey DR02D Fingerprint Camera. However, while I use the unstable GPS module, the "G" icon is often red, occasionally turning blue, and embedding GPS information into the video. Please help me solve this problem. I am from Vietnam, so my English is not good, hope you understand. Thanks you!

Hi, where is your GPS module? If you have an athermic windshield , you must position it in the dedicated area. In my case, it is positionned on the dashboard.

On the windshield I have pasted a film of thermal insulation, but there is a small gap without that film so I installed the gps module on it.
Hi, where is your GPS module? If you have an athermic windshield , you must position it in the dedicated area. In my case, it is positionned on the dashboard.

Back