GPS not functioning

Jay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Camera records great video. However, GPS is not functioning. When I call up map it shows some city in Korea. Also, clock is set at local Korean time I believe, 13 hours ahead of EDST, and I cannot figure out how to reset to local time zone. I have successfully downloaded the most recent update of the firmware and it does not correct problem. I have modified the settings and reformatted the SD card as well. Still no help. Next steps?

Try calling it up while the video is running mine was the same till I started the video playback and showed my location on the map. ;)

Tried it. No luck. Still showing some place in Korea on the map

Strange.

Have you had the cam long cause it sounds like the GPS is faulty if your not getting any map showing. I can even load up video clips and it shows the GPS map with long and lat ?

Strange.

Have you had the cam long cause it sounds like the GPS is faulty if your not getting any map showing. I can even load up video clips and it shows the GPS map with long and lat

Have had it for about 1 week and have been trying to resolve the issue. Think you are correct. I believe the GPS is faulty. I will contact company and see if I can get a replacement. Thanks for your help.

No worries, your welcome hope you get it sorted.

You need to set your location using the Lukas Viewer.

Isn't that what GPS does ?

I've just looked at mine and all you can set is the timezone regarding positioning?

Have had it for about 1 week and have been trying to resolve the issue. Think you are correct. I believe the GPS is faulty. I will contact company and see if I can get a replacement. Thanks for your help.

Where is the unit located? Is it mounted in your car? If it is have you tried a higher elevation? Park on some hill and wait awhile to see if it locks on.

Does it display your speed when driving? If so the GPS is working fine.

in the lukas viewer latest version is 1.8.2.0 (hope you have installed it on your PC ) click the settings icon click GPS and set the time zone to your location, for my location ( france ) I have to set GMT +1 and also tick the summertime box then click save. If all is well it should work fine after that. Regards Ipol

It's not getting/locking on a GPS signal while recording. Mine does that. Mine does that because of how I have it mounted.
The GPS receiver is in the camera base. The antenna is probably looking more out the bottom of the base. If you have the camera mounted on the windshield like normal the gps antenna should be looking straight through the windshield.

I have mine mounted to a different base. The base of the camera is flat up against a square piece of metal. This is mounted behind the windshield with the base of the camera pretty much facing towards the interior of the car. Probably the absolute worst for GPS reception. ...and as expected, I don't get a GPS signal (well, actually on rare ocassion I do get a sporadic GPS signal for short periods).

If you have it on the windshield is it behind the shaded portion many cars have at the top? or do you have aftermarket window tint? Some of those coatings are metallic and do not pass radio signals. Just a thought.

or it's broken.

It sounds like the signal is being blocked somehow hope you get the problem sorted , I have done away with the clear plastic holder its the 4th one thats broken no matter how careful I try to be removing the camera. I now fix the camera directly to the windscreen with 3M dual lock tape it should give me around 1000 thousands removals before I need to replace the tape. I dont have a shaded area at the top of the windscreen so in that respect I am fortunate. One correction to a previous post the Viewer version is 1.8.3.0 I was testing a pre-release version of the viewer Regards Ipol

Back