GS1000 Battery

murathoca

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
GS1000 MagicEye HD50G v4.36
Does any of you happen to know about the size of the battery my friends? I think mine is about to be dead. I have been using the dvr for over a year and considering the manufacture date, life of the battery is coming to an end I guess. Now, I want to replace the battery. I've searched e-Bay naturally, and I found several batteries 3.7 V some amps. A 500 A battery will do in my opinion. But especially its thickness may a problem. That's why I need the battery size for this cam. Thank you for reading. Cheers. :)

dv5e5_blue_new_21.jpg

better to open yours up and have a look, not everyone uses the same battery, best way to be sure

I was kinda slothful. ;) So you mean different types of batteries are used for the very same model. It's odd, don't you think? :) I'll open it up then. I wonder if any one would like to know the size of the battery. Shall I give the info here?

murathoca said:
I was kinda slothful. ;) So you mean different types of batteries are used for the very same model. It's odd, don't you think? :) I'll open it up then. I wonder if any one would like to know the size of the battery. Shall I give the info here?

the one in the pic is quite common but not everyone uses the same battery, not so much a cost thing but if you go to the effort of ordering and waiting for it to turn up and it's wrong its a wasted effort, two minute job to open it up and check for yourself to be sure is two minutes well spent I think

jokiin said:
murathoca said:

the one in the pic is quite common but not everyone uses the same battery, not so much a cost thing but if you go to the effort of ordering and waiting for it to turn up and it's wrong its a wasted effort, two minute job to open it up and check for yourself to be sure is two minutes well spent I think

Well said. :) I couldn't agree more... Well I was searching for a battery for the cam and I just couldn't decide which one to order. While I was at computer it just came to my mind to ask it here. If someone had known the answer that would've been great, no? ;) Thank you for your interest my friend.

murathoca said:
jokiin said:
murathoca said:

Well said. :) I couldn't agree more... Well I was searching for a battery for the cam and I just couldn't decide which one to order. While I was at computer it just came to my mind to ask it here. If someone had known the answer that would've been great, no? ;) Thank you for your interest my friend.

if they all used the same battery for sure it would be helpful, perhaps finding out that they don't all use the same battery was helpful anyway ;)

So everybody who uses this cam will let us know what type of battery is used when they disassemble theirs. How about that? :) I'm now going out and bring mine. Then I'll let you know what type of battery they used for mine. :)

This is my gs1000 battery.
Text on battery is JK 612338 and i believe it means
manufacturer JK
thickness 6,1 mm
width 23 mm
length 38 mm

Dsc04203.jpg

I tried to post the following some time ago but the site was weird; it kept giving some kinda database error. :(

SWOOgcV.jpg

Here is the picture of mine. As you see the battery is 612338 which means 6.1 mm in height, 23 mm in width and 38 mm in length. And the bad news; I cannot find a suitable one for this battery on eBay. :( I'll keep searching though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sabe said:
murathoca said:
Lol Sabe... So we must get together huh? Count me as the first buyer, we need 2999 more. Come oon! ;)

How about this one, this is slightly bigger but would it fit anyway?
http://dx.com/p/walkera-3-7v-600mah-li- ... pack-35109

Edit.
This is smaller. I don't know is there any technical differences.
http://dx.com/p/3-7v-500mah-20c-battery ... pter-35608
They're both good... But, I mind 4.4 cm... How about this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-7V-500mAh-L ... 2a2b7d9d6c

Last edited by a moderator:
A bigger battery might fit, but i think that it's better to leave some room so camera can cool down better.

Sabe said:
A bigger battery might fit, but i think that it's better to leave some room so camera can cool down better.
That's right. Besides, check my cam's photo I sent; there is hardly enough space for a bigger battery Sabe.

murathoca said:
Sabe said:
That's right. Besides, check my cam's photo I sent; there is hardly enough space for a bigger battery Sabe.

This is mine, in theory there would be some space, thickness i don't know.
Dsc_0812.jpg

???
Where did my messages go? :twisted:

Back