GS1000 Freezing at random intervals

I thought about just dealing with the problem by transfering and formatting every time it does it.
But a few times where you capture something interesting or some incident, I look up and realize its frozen.
I've missed a few things from that.
That's the frustrating part.

In the next few days, I'll throw in a class 10 16gb, then try a class 4 32gb and see how it goes.
Will definitely update everyone on the results.

Cheers

Well, I just bought 2 new cards to start testing.
- Sandisk Ultra 16gb Class 10 sdhc card
- Sandisk 32gb Class 4 sdhc card

I have started with the 16gb class 10 card to test to see if maybe the camera has issues with handling the large capacity of a 32gb card.
When I first installed the card, it came up with a message saying that the card was full. That worries me, as it should just keep recording in loop mode.
A simple card format has solved that issue.

Well anyway, I shall keep this thread updated with the results of the tests.

Cheers

Well, the first test with the 16gb class 10 card has been successful.
No problems what so ever.
Record looping is now working fine.

I will now start the second test today with the 32gb class 4 card.
Should this fail, I will try a Sandisk Ultra 32gb class 10 card to determine if the quality or brand of card is the issue.
However, I doubt it would be the case.

None the less, I am happy with the result so far.

Cheers

2nd test with the 32gb class 4 was a fail.
With 7gb remaining on the card, it froze with the spinning ring.
I'm not going to bother with testing a Sandisk ultra 32gb class 10, as I don't want to waste more money.
I have already tried class 10 Master and Samsung cards with the exact same result, so I'm satisfied that I don't think it will make a difference.

So in conclusion to these so called genuine "GS1000" dash cams, I would say that the hardware is not capable of running a 32gb expandable card as stated. They are only capable of using a 16gb class 4/10 SDHC card.

At least I have found a solution and I hope this helps anyone out in the future with the same problem.

Cheers
Dean

Back