GS1000 from chelong.com.cn problems

xxLDZxx

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hello. I did buy GS1000 from chelong.com.cn company. The camera looks good. I did open it and it have ambarella chip.
I have problem wwith playing videos in PC. (btw.: DVR shows fw ver: 20121107 - is this orange menu or what ?)

I have only big problem with playing videos in PC. The application which comes with DVR cannot play videos very well. It has very choppy playback. It shows GPS position on map, it shows G-sensor data but it has very choppy playback.

I tried RegistratorViewr. It plays videos very well, but it cannot show data from G-sensor :((

Does somebody have DVR from this company ? Do you have the same problems with application for playing video in PC ? Is there some application which can play video and show data from GPS and G-sensor ?

thank you for answer.

thanks for answer. The author of RegistratorViewer did send me the newest version of software and it now plays G-sensor data. So i will use this application.

I am sending a photo of menu:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1256/dscn2204r.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2779/dscn2202r.jpg

I am very suprised that the chelong can send fake GS1000. Because they are company with 12 years history. Maybe they have their own software.

this is video from camera in night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pue7tBzctY&feature=youtu.be

I want to ask. How should motion detection work ? DVR start recording only if the something is moving in the center of screen. When motion is in the margins of srcreen it will not start recording. Is it ok ?

When I started this site there were 2 versions of the GS1000 both on Ambarella processors. A cheaper one that came with a blue menu and a more expensive one that came with an orange menu. The orange menu was better quality based on user feedback.

Now many more versions are coming out. Unfortunately it is difficult to know the quality characteristics of the new ones.

Also, looking back, I shouldn't have called them "fakes" since there is no "real" GS1000. I didn't imagine that there would be so many models out there so perhaps a better classification system is needed.

Something like:
Processor (Ambarella, Novatek, iCatch)
Firmware Format
Menu Style (Novatek menus look distinctly different than Ambarella menus and there are differences in menu styles between Ambarella based cameras)
GPS / No GPS
Date / Time / GPS stamp

Since it is difficult to get all this information on a camera before purchasing my advice is simple. Find out the firmware and buy from vendors who have a good history of selling legitimate cameras.

Chelong is selling 3 versions of this camera:
CL-506DV-D
CL-603DV-D
CL-605DV-D

Not sure which one you purchased but the video at night looks fine for a GS1000.

DashCamMan said:
When I started this site there were 2 versions of the GS1000 both on Ambarella processors. A cheaper one that came with a blue menu and a more expensive one that came with an orange menu. The orange menu was better quality based on user feedback.

Now many more versions are coming out. Unfortunately it is difficult to know the quality characteristics of the new ones.

this is a challenge as the menu is so easily changed, some vendors are aware of this and will update the look to whatever is considered to be the better solution even if they are using something completely different

DashCamMan said:
Also, looking back, I shouldn't have called them "fakes" since there is no "real" GS1000. I didn't imagine that there would be so many models out there so perhaps a better classification system is needed.

Something like:
Processor (Ambarella, Novatek, iCatch)
Firmware Format
Menu Style (Novatek menus look distinctly different than Ambarella menus and there are differences in menu styles between Ambarella based cameras)
GPS / No GPS
Date / Time / GPS stamp

I agree fake is not a suitable term, in the industry the majority of cameras out of China are what's referred to as public models, the thing that sets them apart of course is what's inside, from a consumers point of view it's hard to know what you're getting, a lot of people that are reselling cams don't even know what's in them which makes it even harder

Back