GS1000 Gb/minute ?!?

Alexpatrascu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Itronics ITB-100HD, GS1000
Hey guys.

Does any of you know how much you can record on a certain TF card till it starts to cycle the recording ?!?

I'm looking to buy a microSD/TF card for my "soon to arrive" GS1000 and I don't know what card to buy.

Should I get a 16Gb or a 32Gb ?!

And about the Class.....should I get as Class 6 or a Class 10 ?!?

Thanks.

Hi Alexpatrascu,

This depends on the GS1000 model. The real orange menu records at 8MB/s. I believe this gives 160 minutes for 16GB or 320 minutes for 32GB. Class 10 works best since class 6 is only rated for 6MB/s.

You can record without any problems on class 6. The difference is only when you want to transfer a lot of files on PC. I think 16GB is enough for this traffic utility. I used sometime a 16GB Sandisk Class 2 without any problem with records at 6500kbps.

And also think if the card will go faulty because is much more used than normal cards because the camera is writing so many times on it. Or when it goes corrupted due to improper use. And if a cheap card will go bad than is not a problem compared with a Class 10 32GB card.
I saw on some manuals advice to format the card every two weeks. They know why are asking customers doing this. And I don't know how many users are formatting the cards every two weeks.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the chart baloja.

I guess I'll buy a 16Gb and use it on 720P....that gives me ~7 hours of recording.

In that screenshot is nice to see that 720p is Full HD and 1080p is just HD. Maybe the word Full means ”Real” (not interpolated, compared to 1080p).

enjoy,
Mtz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
J GSXXXX 8
Back
Top Bottom