GS6000 Falsificator Modded firmware

I've been keeping a close eye on http://videoregforum.ru/threads/street-storm-cvr-a7810-g-full-hd-60fps-a7la70d.1143/page-3 where you are posting @Falsificator waiting for the night videos :)

I noticed the Marcus 3 got a firmware update yesterday which is supposed to be a good improvement, but this OV4689 sensor should be better than the AR0331 I think is in that?

Saying that it's confusing as the AR0331 on paper has larger pixel sizes and wider dynamic range, although the Omnivision sensor is HDR. It hurts my head which is why I'm looking forward to seeing the videos in action :)

Last edited:
I suppose so...

I have my new firmware. Tested it and 1min video gone from 272mb/min to 150mb/1min recording. There is the old ev setting but now a dy setting for the day. The ev setting I set to +.03 and the dy setting to zero.

Will do a night recording to see if its as good as the Falsificator firmware.
I've asked for support to 128gb which will do me nicely. Should be able to get a day recording when couriering onto one card then. They tell me they'll have that ready for next week.

I've been keeping a close eye on http://videoregforum.ru/threads/street-storm-cvr-a7810-g-full-hd-60fps-a7la70d.1143/page-3 where you are posting @Falsificator waiting for the night videos :)

I noticed the Marcus 3 got a firmware update yesterday which is supposed to be a good improvement, but this OV4689 sensor should be better than the AR0331 I think is in that?

Saying that it's confusing as the AR0331 on paper has larger pixel sizes and wider dynamic range, although the Omnivision sensor is HDR. It hurts my head which is why I'm looking forward to seeing the videos in action :)

Here is an evening recording of the a7810. 60fps and I am hooked. Where to down the firmware for this and I'll give it a try.

So the new firmware is 20Mbps bitrate. What is the version number shown on the camera now please?

Here is an evening recording of the a7810. 60fps and I am hooked. Where to down the firmware for this and I'll give it a try.

That will brick your camera - if you've got the 3H2F that's an A7LA50D with AR0330 image sensor similar to the Street Storm CVR A7510 whereas the 7810 is the Ambarella A7LA70D and Omnivision OV4689 sensor - a totally different platform.

There has already been a firmware update for the 7810 on the Street Storm website.

Still waiting for night time video of the 7810 here though :)

That will brick your camera - if you've got the 3H2F that's an A7LA50D with AR0330 image sensor similar to the Street Storm CVR A7510 whereas the 7810 is the Ambarella A7LA70D and Omnivision OV4689 sensor - a totally different platform.

There has already been a firmware update for the 7810 on the Street Storm website.

Still waiting for night time video of the 7810 here though :)

Thanks for the warning.

I have 3 of these 3h2f cams and tonight I'll have all three on the windscreen. Two o the dual usb and one on a battery stand alone charger which can give up another 10 hours of battery time. Will place all three with the three different firmware versions up underneath the inside mirror then go out in the next hour or so and do the recording. Then I'll upload to Youtube and bare in mind Youtube squashes down a 270mb file down to about 25mb so its over compressed but should give an idea on the light differences between all 3 firmwares.

I see now there are newer cams with HDR coming out which look fantastic over WDR settings.
WDR on my cams look better than when off and looking at the differences between hdr and wdr on this forum all I can say is I'll buy one when they come out.

Hi, did you ever get the new firmware or manage to get any footage uploaded please?

Hi, did you ever get the new firmware or manage to get any footage uploaded please?

Will upload over the weekend or early next week. We had storm damage and been busy with that.
The file sizes at 150mb per minute and quality is very good at night.

File sizes at 150mb per minute is I think to high. The Ambarella A5 in 1080p for one minute recording is about 60mb and I can get a good 6 to 7 hours of 1080p video footage. The A5 though when I go over a bump in the road the video shudders a bit. Day video on the A5 is very good maybe better than any a7l I've seen and night video appears to be brighter but quality not so good.

The Ambarella A7L at 1080p the file sizes are still to large. Why its so large is a question for the makers of these. Why an a5 processor compresses 1080p better over the a7 at 1080p has be baffled.

And why none are using h.265 which is double the compression for the same quality is another thing that I do not understand why they don't add this latest codec to their cams. They could at least have an option for h.264 and h.265

People that play them on media players would use h.264 but most play them on their pc's and a codec for h.265 could be added to play h.265 videos.

The a7 cams need h.265 so that instead of only recording 2 hours on a 32gb card I could then get 4 hours.

If the a5 had better stabilization over bumps I would go more a5's over the a7l's.

And why none of these dash cam makers haven't gone for the max setting of 2tb for micro sd's so that over time we users could add larger memory cards as they come out would be the best option of all.

I'm on the road a fair bit and a 256gb card would do me nicely. I could get 16 hours of recording.
Two days of recording without pulling out the card every two hours as it is now.

x265 only hit v1 last month whereas the A7 chips are from 2010 which is why it's not an option.

It would have to be a newer chip capable of doing x265 or anything newer - they will hit the market at some point but then you're going to get a wave of people moaning that they won't play on their hardware - I've already noticed a fair few people on here that have problems playing 1080p and 1296p video already.

I keep hearing rumours that Satellite companies such as Sky will eventually start to move to new codecs exactly for the same reason - i.e. they can fit more streams on the dish - but the problem again is that most boxes out there can't decode it in hardware as it's such a new standard.

As I understand it the primary reason some cameras don't support above 32GB officially is because they didn't want to pay the license costs on the exFAT filesystem which you're really supposed to start using at those sizes. FAT32 is getting old in the tooth now but has been a good fit for cameras as it's so basic it doesn't kill flash memory like a full on journalling filesystem would. When I had the same camera as you it moaned like hell when I put in a 64GB card formatted as exFAT - it took it when it was formatted using a special tool to get FAT32 on there but then video recycling became a problem and it kept flashing up low speed memory card warnings.

FAT32 is supposed to go to 2TB but it could confuse the hell out of half of these cameras!

They sent me out another firmware yesterday and I tried a 128gb kingston micro sd card out and it worked. File sizes are now down to 110Mb per one minute and able to record many more hours. The file system on the card is exfat. Less options in the menu but night recordings are far clearer with more details than before.

Matt, are you testing firmware on a GS6000 A7? If so, could you share the f/w? I'm using the custom Texet f/w on mine, it still has a few gremlins.

So the firmware is running at just below 15Mbps now then, it will be interesting to see some raw footage as it sounds very promising!

I was given another firmware to use which looks quite good. The seller uploaded two samples for me to download and from what I've seen I quite like. That middle line between the km/h and the date has gone.

They have uploaded it to one of their other sites for now.
http://www.climatechangeforum.com.au/dashcam/

I will give this latest firmware a go tomorrow and then post my recordings again.

So how do these compare with everyone else recordings. They are a bit better than my night recordings from the video they uploaded.

Matt, are you testing firmware on a GS6000 A7? If so, could you share the f/w? I'm using the custom Texet f/w on mine, it still has a few gremlins.

They sent me another firmware this afternoon.

The firmware went though without a hitch and no longer gets stuck on 5/6 100% where there is a long wait before its ready to use.

It now comes up with a message showing the firmware is installed and ready to use.

I will do a drive in the car with the new firmware tomorrow and compare results.
From the two video clips they have posted the video at night is a bit better than mine.

File size is at 140MB for 60 seconds of recording. So what is that about 4 hours of recording at 1296p on a 32GB micro sd card. I use a class 10 card.

Here is a video I uploaded a few minutes ago.
Their latest firmware has the middle line removed and I notice the gps info next to the speed is much smaller.
The file has gone from 140mb to about 20mb in size:(
Its no where near as good as the original footage.

Back