GS8000L Normal for screen to turn off while driving?

arsh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to Dash Cam's being in the US and ordered a GS8000L to get my feet wet. I'm well aware it's not the best, but I didn't wanna invest tons right away. Anyway, I'm just curious if it's normal for the screen to turn off after a minute or so while driving. I know GPS system stay on so I find it odd, but I can see how it'd help the cams not be a distraction.

I did take the SD card out and it did record everything so it seems to work, but I just want to be sure. Thanks.

Hello everyone.
I've bought new GS8000L Car Camcorder. At first it was working ok but now the screen it's off, black with the little light always with the blue light on.
I've tried to turn it off, on and nothing happens. I already charged it and nothing happens. When I press the reset button the screen turns on with the start image and then it turns off again, I press any button and nothing happens. The blue light its always on.
Does someone has the same problem?
Here's the link of the video:
Hope anyone can help me.

Attachments

• IMG-20170122-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170122-WA0002.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone.
I've bought new GS8000L Car Camcorder. At first it was working ok but now the screen it's off, black with the little light always with the blue light on.
I've tried to turn it off, on and nothing happens. I already charged it and nothing happens. When I press the reset button the screen turns on with the start image and then it turns off again, I press any button and nothing happens. The blue light its always on.
Does someone has the same problem?
Here's the link of the video:
Hope anyone can help me.
Does the same thing happen when you have power connected? It may not have enough charge. Those batteries don't last long. Use a USB adapter (phone charger) plugged into you home outlet and see if the camera acts the same.

Yes I already try with my phone carger and it's the same. Is there anyway I can access the menu of the camera?

Yes I already try with my phone carger and it's the same. Is there anyway I can access the menu of the camera?
Not sure. You can try to update the firmware, but not sure if it will load or not. Hard to say, but might be worth a shot. Have you tried using different miniUSB cables to eliminate a cable issue?

Yes I've tired with different USB cables. How can I update the firmware?

Back