GS8000L Time Stamp Issue

howyegettinon

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

Just ran into an issue with the GS8000L. When you change the date say 23/01/2014 hit ok, Date automaticaly skips to 23/10/2014 and cant be chnged to the right month. I found the upgrade firmware yamaha.bin file formated the flash put the file on and powered on the camera, but the file is not being recognised and does not start the upgrade. Anyone run into the same issue?

Or know where i can get the latest GS8000L firmware?

Thanks

yamaha.bin files for this model are normally associated with the Ambarella version, the L variant of this camera usually denotes the Novatek version, would need more details to confirm, a screen shot of your menu screen and some details about the file you are trying to use would probably be enough to know if this is your problem or not

This is the screen shots

1. thats a camera just out of the box never used
2. Setting date
3. After saving new date (year and day changed month jumps back to 10)
4. Version

WP_000744.jpg

WP_000745.jpg

WP_000746.jpg

WP_000748.jpg

this is a Novatek version, firmware version you're trying would be the Ambarella version, speak to your reseller about an update for your version

Hi,

Just ran into an issue with the GS8000L. When you change the date say 23/01/2014 hit ok, Date automaticaly skips to 23/10/2014 and cant be chnged to the right month. I found the upgrade firmware yamaha.bin file formated the flash put the file on and powered on the camera, but the file is not being recognised and does not start the upgrade. Anyone run into the same issue?

Or know where i can get the latest GS8000L firmware?

Thanks

I too have this problem, do you know where I can download the latest firmware

firmware updates not typically available for the Novatek versions, best to contact your reseller and see what they can offer

I too have this problem, do you know where I can download the latest firmware
I have obtained a copy of the latest Novatek firmware and it has fixed the problem for me, when it boots back up it is in Russian, but you can change it back very easily. If you let me have yout email I will send it to you.

Attachments

• FW96220A.zip
    817.7 KB · Views: 308
Or i could just upload it, make sure you know how to set the language back to english before you do it, if you struglle let me know.

Hello Hawaiisteveo. Can You post the update firmware and back to English instuctions?
Thank You.

I have obtained a copy of the latest Novatek firmware and it has fixed the problem for me, when it boots back up it is in Russian, but you can change it back very easily. If you let me have yout email I will send it to you.

Hello, my gs8000l when ignited, just show a picture of a red car and a bright blue LED and the speaker will only hear a beep beep beep ? The camera is brand new and I never used (bought on ebay recently) ! Another camera that I bought in general can not even turn on the lights only red light. Chipset is Novatek NT96220. Is there any chance, to enable at least one of these cameras? Thank you for answer . Mike

Hello, my gs8000l when ignited, just show a picture of a red car and a bright blue LED and the speaker will only hear a beep beep beep ? The camera is brand new and I never used (bought on ebay recently) ! Another camera that I bought in general can not even turn on the lights only red light. Chipset is Novatek NT96220. Is there any chance, to enable at least one of these cameras? Thank you for answer . Mike

Download the above zip file and extract the file within and put it on a micro SD card and then insert it into the camera and power it up. The firmware should update on the camera, if the camera fails to boot up then I would say the camera is faulty. I have both firmware versions if the other camera is an Umbrella version. Post me your email address and I can send them both to you if required.

the beeps wiill happen if the camera does not see a properly formatted card. even if you have a card in the slot, it may not be properly formatted.

if you cant format the card in camera, could be a faulty card and/or cam. format fat32 on a computer using default allocation then insert in the cam again.

Could have defective cards. Could be a faulty cam.

Hi Hawaiisteveo, thanks for uploading the GS8000L firmware update-worked perfectly-date now sorted.

Just got it solved
Need to change the file name of bin to BIN ( capital letter) otherwise will it not flash even if u put it to the sd root
The date can now be correctly changed
Hope it helps

Back