GS9000 dead

CESAITISV

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have bought viofo gs9000 car dvr, and updated firmware, but now i can't turn on my car dvr.
Maybe someone have a solution to unbrick my device.
I push Reset for 3 seconds, then hold power button, and then connect usb from computer to dvr device, but computer told me unknown device and don't find drivers, and i can't use directusb :(
I use windows xp.
I take firmware for my device from here: GS9000
Please help me.
Thank you.

Not working, trying all solutions but with no luck.
Another way to use directusb to flash firmware, but my device in computer recognised as unknown device, i open GS9000 to see chip, and chip is ambarella, all i need is drivers for computer for directusb software, to see my device, without drivers software don't see device amba not found.

I don't speak russian but i think there is instructions where to find drivers for it, google translate can help maybe.
http://goo.gl/1FLIs

I used short link because of russian letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
are there any hints to solve this problem?
I also just purchased a GS9000 from foxoffer, made the update as indicated above and after that DVR is dead. Alle reset procedures were not successful. I changed the TF card, changed file (old/new version), operated with/without card, powered internally or from USB or from car. It is always the same: After a Reset followed by Power On the red LED becomes blue for 1 sec and after that remains red. Display is off. That seems to me that read access from the card is no longer possible. Or was the update file corrupt? Leo Zhou only gave me the Reset procedure, but that doesn't help. USB connection doesn't work except for power.

The difference between update instructions and my (first) procedure was that I loaded the file to the card installed in the camera via USB, into root folder. That card also contained the video files. After power down and on again update process was starting. Within 2 sec DVR switched off. From that no action was possible. May that approach be a cause for the failure? I repeated that procedure again with a separate clean und fresh formatted card which only contained the file (written via card reader). But without any success.

For the first try a 32GB-card (class 10) was factory formatted (FAT32) and successfully used for storing videos by the DVR. For the other tests with a fresh 16GB-card (class 6) I formatted separately with FAT32 (Win7-64), also tried an older 4GB (class 6) card.

Has anyone experience in invoking that camera, or to make a basic install?

Reinhard

My GS9000 was bricked from a bad firmware update. I was able to read through the Russian forum and figure out how to re-flash it.

First download the Directusb program from
http://dashcamtalk.com/dod-gs600/

You need to install it on XP computer but I read that people did get it to work on a Windows 7 machine.

Next is to download the firmware files from foxoffer.com

You need to hold the left arrow button and connect the usb to computer. The computer will try and find new hardware drivers. I selected automatically look for drivers. It will install Ambarella Evaluation board drivers.

After drivers are installed, disconnect the usb cable and push the reset button on the GS9000. This step is very important because without pressing ther button it will not find it again.

Now press and hold the left arrow button and connect it to pc via usb cable again and you should hear the pc connect to the camera.

Now open the DirectUSB program and hit connect to see if it see's the GS9000

At the top, select Direct USB driver a2s_1Gb and memory frequency 216 MHz.

Click on erase flash and wait for it to be done

On the download tab look for programming firmware and select choose on the right.
Find the flash firmware that you downloaded and unzipped and you should look for the .elf file and not the Yahama.bin file
Make sure that the verify is unchecked. Very important.
When programming the led will flash blue. That is a good sign
It will say:
"Wait firmware programming ..."
Done!! "
Press the RESET button on GS9000, without waiting for any other messages, such as "Firmware Programming Success" and "AMBA Device found" or "... not found". Then wait 5 seconds 3 ... and take out the cable from the USB-ports!
Now, the device can turn the button and see all the familiar "red Mercedes". And now, the device can turn the button and see all the familiar "red Mercedes".
The device is not operational yet, because it has only a repair elf
Then turn off the camera
Format and copy over the yamaha.bin and the other elf. On the sd card. There should be nothing else on the card
Turn camera on and let it do the flash update and when it shuts down remove the sd card and delete the two files.
Do another reset and reinstall the sd card and power up your camera and you should be back in business.
A special thanks to the Russian Forum for their help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @mech5455 for these precise instructions.

I have tried some procedures with DirectUSB. But the essential step is the installation of the USB driver. And that was not successful. I installed DirectUSB on a Windows XP PC. The program can start, but if I connect the DVR during pushing left arrow key, Windows reported that it cannot find the correct file. I tried that with automatic search and with manual search to the .inf file. So I cannot commence with further steps.

So, being frustrated by that and no helpful assistance from foxoffer to do such procedures, I sent the camera back to foxoffer and I am waiting for guarantee repair. Possibly the camera may have a more complex failure.

Reinhard

I am having the same problem with a gs8000, again foxoffer support is non existant, it took two weeks for them to respond to my email, which was to reset the unit 3 times. This did not work, I emailed them back and have now waited 5 days so far for a response. I wish I had realised how bad their customer service was before I purchased another dashcam off them.

Yes, it's a little bit lethargic at foxoffer :)
But after a while I got my GS9000 back. Unfortunately, switching on the new camera, it was not possible to work, because of several break-offs at the instant pressing a button. Possibly it may have concern with the SD card not available. So, I set my old SD card in. Unfortunately(?) I had forgotten that there was the firmware stored which I could not access the first time (the cause for sending back). So, firmware update started again, with the same firmware revision as present in the camera (V1.0.2 G82C K), and that was successful. After that, everything worked fine! And I did never get any breakdowns.

The remaining problem, which emerges more and more, is the bad contact between bracket and camera body. That is a different task to attend. Addressing that issue foxoffer does not have any idea. I will try to make some modifications if possible, to increase contact stability, and foxoffer provided me a bracket for these test purposes.

Reinhard

I am having the same problem with a gs8000, again foxoffer support is non existant, it took two weeks for them to respond to my email, which was to reset the unit 3 times. This did not work, I emailed them back and have now waited 5 days so far for a response. I wish I had realised how bad their customer service was before I purchased another dashcam off them.
Still waiting!!!!
:(

Attachments

• AMBARELLA upgrading instruction.pdf
    220.5 KB · Views: 28
Hello
I have uploaded DirectUSB yamaha.bin and now kompuetr does not recognize the camera. How to upload the firmware?
The camera does not respond when connected through USB lights up red LED. The computer - USB device not recognized.

Just hold reset 20 seconds and connect to the computer.

Last edited:
You've not bricked your dash cam.

At the top of the dash cam there will be a small pin hole. Get a paper clip, straighten it out then place it into the whole which will reset the dash cam.

Then go into the menu and go to default settings and reset it again.
Now you will be able to access to dash cam and set up the settings.

Good luck.

Back