GT300W back on production ?

GeorgesNJR

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
FoxOffer Listed a new version of GT300W , so it´s back ?

new revision , hope they don´t cut the quality whit lower prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already recognized this a few days ago, but as I wasn't a member of dashcamtalk yet, I could not bring it to your attention ;) .

GeorgesNJR said:
hope they don´t cut the quality whit lower prices.
Well, they only reduced the price by 3 USD. In how far can this lead to a lower quality?
Further, they added a free adhesive 3M mount.

Produkttester said:
I already recognized this a few days ago, but as I wasn't a member of dashcamtalk yet, I could not bring it to your attention ;) .

GeorgesNJR said:
hope they don´t cut the quality whit lower prices.
Well, they only reduced the price by 3 USD. In how far can this lead to a lower quality?
Further, they added a free adhesive 3M mount.

think further

3 bucks in 1 unit nothing , 3 unites in 1000 Dash cams , a lot.

@GeorgesNJR

Foxoffer is not producing the cams, thus a price reduction of less than 3% by foxoffer does not necessarily mean that the quality is lower.

Produkttester said:
@GeorgesNJR

Foxoffer is not producing the cams, thus a price reduction of less than 3% by foxoffer does not necessarily mean that the quality is lower.

they may have just bought a larger quantity and got a better price as a result, if they bought cheaper they could sell cheaper

jokiin said:
Produkttester said:
@GeorgesNJR

they may have just bought a larger quantity and got a better price as a result, if they bought cheaper they could sell cheaper

ummmm tough they made it cheaper , the way it got be selling cheaper :mrgreen:
who knows :lol:

GeorgesNJR said:
jokiin said:
Produkttester said:
@GeorgesNJR

ummmm tough they made it cheaper , the way it got be selling cheaper :mrgreen:
who knows :lol:

sometimes it's just economy of scale, there's costs to recover when making a new design, tooling, design costs etc, once you've recovered those costs you can continue making the product at a cheaper price, it's normal to pass those savings on

I want to buy my first dash cam but I'm not sure which one is better: the new GT550W or the "back on production" GT300W.

FoxOffer is saying "New GT300W based on NT96650 chip come with new Menu and better price, same quality with the old version, maybe better because it come with the latest firmware."
Wasn't the "old" GT300W using the NT96460 chip? So the "new" GT300W is using another (maybe a better?) chip?

Does anyone have information about this chip and the video quality?
What do you think, should I buy the new GT300W, the new GT550W or just wait for more information on both cams?

Thank you.

cyru5 said:
I want to buy my first dash cam but I'm not sure which one is better: the new GT550W or the "back on production" GT300W.

FoxOffer is saying "New GT300W based on NT96650 chip come with new Menu and better price, same quality with the old version, maybe better because it come with the latest firmware."
Wasn't the "old" GT300W using the NT96460 chip? So the "new" GT300W is using another (maybe a better?) chip?

Does anyone have information about this chip and the video quality?
What do you think, should I buy the new GT300W, the new GT550W or just wait for more information on both cams?

Thank you.

NT96650 is aways been chip of TioTech on GT300W range , they called it A8 or A7 Chip i don´t remember right. difference is board of GT is black Board of Dod Ls300W is green everything else looks exactly same , except the extras :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
New menu is new firmware. i don´t think they going do new engineering on old product , not worthy

AFAIK NT96460 doesn`t support hdmi, so it can not be used at early revisions GT300w.

There is another revision of GT300w selling as LS300WPlus

It comes with 1307110RU3E00 firmware (just for russian market) and as you can see new pcb revision GT300_M5_V3.1 2013-05-31

Attachments

• IMG_4055.jpg
    IMG_4055.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 320
GeorgesNJR said:
NT96650 is aways been chip of TioTech on GT300W range , they called it A8 or A7 Chip i don´t remember right. difference is board of GT is black Board of Dod Ls300W is green everything else looks exactly same , except the extras :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
New menu is new firmware. i don´t think they going do new engineering on old product , not worthy

I doubt the new GT300W produced by Tiotech, otherwise foxoffer will list it made by Tiotech and wrote A8 instead of NT96650 as before. Same model name, Not same quality. :eek: no no no no

Quintas said:
GeorgesNJR said:

I doubt the new GT300W produced by Tiotech, otherwise foxoffer will list it made by Tiotech and wrote A8 instead of NT96650 as before. Same model name, Not same quality. :eek: no no no no

FoxOffer only lists TioTech A8 chip at GT450W cam. In the description of all other cams (ex. GT550W) there is no information about TioTech chip. And I also know there was no information about TioTech in the "old" GT300W description.

I don't know what to do. Buy "new" GT300W, buy GT550W or wait for more information :-/

Ordered the "new" GT300W yesterday and is already shipped.
But now GT300W is sold out and stopped production again (at FoxOffer).

it looks like it´s back on the road again.....see foxoffer...

cyru5 said:
Ordered the "new" GT300W yesterday and is already shipped.
But now GT300W is sold out and stopped production again (at FoxOffer).

Could you post a picture of your cam when it arrives and let us know the firmware version?
If you find the time to upload a .mov file from your cam, it would be interesting to see if there are any differences in video quality.

But now again, already a week ago the GT300W is listed as sold out at foxoffer...

By the way, does anybody have some information on the gt680 (foxoffer) - size of the cam and video quality?

The GT300W is stopped production, and DOD don't have plan to produce it again.
And the GT550W is also from DOD/Tiotech, but Tiotech will not print Tiotech A8 on the chip. They will only print Tiotech A8 on DOD brand product, like ls300w.

Could you post a picture of your cam when it arrives and let us know the firmware version?
If you find the time to upload a .mov file from your cam, it would be interesting to see if there are any differences in video quality.

But now again, already a week ago the GT300W is listed as sold out at foxoffer...

By the way, does anybody have some information on the gt680 (foxoffer) - size of the cam and video quality?

Cam arrived 3 days ago. Charged it up and tried to use it, but cam freezed at boot up (logo). Switched it on/off several times but didn't work.
After some hours I tried it again and after some on/off cycles the cam did boot up. Firmware Version was "V0628031".

Stupid as I am, switched it off and cam didn't boot up again. So I tried different firmware "DOD LS388W 1307111SC" but it didn't work either. Cam booted up and I had to select language, but then cam freezed every time.
Flashed newstes firmware "V2328031" and then cam booted up without problems.

Recorded several example videos and quality was very blurry and there was also a black dot (looked like a dust corn) in the right lower corner. It was inside the cam or lense, so no chance to clean it.
Talked to FoxOffer via skype and sent an example video to them. Now camera is going back to China for RMA.

Let's see if I get another GT300W or other cam, because of stopped production.

@cyru5
I am sorry for your problems. My GT300W is fine so far, as well the one of a friend who ordered the same from foxoffer.
If/when you get a replacement, you might get the GT550W.

Ohh, I see you are from Germany as well :) - if you have any questions, you can send me as well a private message.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
J GT300W 11
I GT300W 4
Back