GT350W using TioTech GT300W / Dod LS300W hardware / firmware

Re: GT350W using TioTech GT300W / Dod LS300W hardware / firm

niko said:
Here are side by side comparison night videos tests DOD LS300W vs Shadow Tec GT350W
Overall I can say they both have the same video quality. In some cases GT350W had even better night video recording.
ok the only proper explanation I see for this, that conforms with what billknow said would mean that there is indeed a 6G versionof the GT350W but its not the one foxoffer is selling. It seems that foxoffer is selling the 4G version which why tbkonwso1 has complained about low light performance.

aasoror said:
niko said:
Here are side by side comparison night videos tests DOD LS300W vs Shadow Tec GT350W
Overall I can say they both have the same video quality. In some cases GT350W had even better night video recording.
ok the only proper explanation I see for this, that conforms with what billknow said would mean that there is indeed a 6G versionof the GT350W but its not the one foxoffer is selling. It seems that foxoffer is selling the 4G version which why tbkonwso1 has complained about low light performance.
I don't know how to explain this, but I got this info from Shadow Tech, also I confirmed with other manufactures who produce similar product, like G1W, D8. They all told me it use 4G lens.
I confirmed this info with Shadow twice. Also I asked them why they declared it use 6G lens on their official website.
Anyway glad to hear the gt350W video quality is almost same as GT300W.
Shadow also told me it is hard to tell the difference between the 4G and 6G lens, so many manufactures use 4G lens.

The generic versions of this camera I've seen so far have been with a 4 glass 1.8f lens, results are still pretty good

There is a lot of story about the GT300W,LS300W,GT350W.
The GT300W and LS300W will be stopped production soon after this batch sold out.
Also Shadow have no plan to produce more GT350W. They now focus on GT450W and other new camera.

billknow said:
I confirmed this info with Shadow twice. Also I asked them why they declared it use 6G lens on their official website.
Not just the official website, the actual GT350W box says that too. So if they have confirmed with you that their original GT350W has a 4 element lens, yet they put it on their website and print it on the packaging then they are scammingbuyers.

Attachments

• 2HJ_sBNjRxm-rHMkmq9Suz7Sy0YS3_2-SddLcCIesks.jpg
    2HJ_sBNjRxm-rHMkmq9Suz7Sy0YS3_2-SddLcCIesks.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:

such dirty company for do that.

i would not buy or indicate a Scam company

GeorgesNJR said:

Well I wouldn't jump on conclusions yet, there is always a chance that whoever gave billknow the information was mistaken ;)

aasoror said:
GeorgesNJR said:

Well I wouldn't jump on conclusions yet, there is always a chance that whoever gave billknow the information was mistaken ;)

there is also the possibility that the product is supplied at different levels of specifications to different wholesale customers, this is very common

aasoror said:
GeorgesNJR said:

Only the manufacture know the truth!

jokiin said:
there is also the possibility that the product is supplied at different levels of specifications to different wholesale customers, this is very common

Well thats quite possible.
This is what I suggested earlier, foxoffer carries the 4G lens GT350W
While DX carries the 6G GT350W.

DX is where I got mine (they claim 6G confirmed with the manufacturer + packaging states the same as pictured above). I ordered on June 18th, they sent me tracking number on June 21st and it was received on July 9th (in Canada). Shipped via Singapore post. Paid with paypal ($84.40 all in).

http://dx.com/p/hd-1080p-2-7-tft-3-0mp- ... den-221442

sku_221442_7.jpg

billknow said:
Only the manufacture know the truth!
Actually it falls on your shoulders too, if you have confirmed with the supplier that GT350W you are selling comes with 4G lens, you should double check the packaging you are sending to buyers to make sure it doesn't say 6G so you are not part of the scam. Given the confirmations you have posted in this thread anyone can easily build a paypal case against you for "selling counterfeits" (unless your packaging states it 4G camera not 6G but we already know it does say 6G as confirmed by others who bought from you).

I've ordered from dx before, if anything it's dx doesn't really know what they are selling most of the time. They will confirm its 6g because it says so on box, while bill from foxoffer test each camera and deals with vender directly and everyone on the forum.

I would trust foxoffer a opinion over dx

There can be a case where first bunch was manufactured with 6g lens, but later changed to 4g lens, after when real testings show there is not much difference in video quality, so they save in price 6g vs 4g lens, this way the end buyer gets cheaper price.

Now about packaging: why it written 6g?
As assumed above, probably manufacturer planned 6g lens and ordered huge amount of packaging to be printed with 6g lens, and later did not want to re-order new packaging with 4g lens print, because this would put price up for end consumer. If my assumptions are true, then i understand manufacturer: we all want cheaper price, but of course mis-leading info causes confusion. Probably manufacturer did not thought info will leak, because in reality it is very hard to see difference in video quality 4g vs 6g lens.
Best solution for manufacturer or reseller is to order bunch of small stickers with word "4G" and to stick them to the box to cover 6g print.

I respect Foxoffer honesty. They are brave enough to provide truthful info despite its not they fault. On they website they do not advertise 6g lens and at the same time they are not afraid to be here on forum to face different rumors, to provide true info, new tips, firmware etc..
For all this I do respect them.

I'd be more concerned with results, a good 4 glass lens is better than a bad 6 glass lens, numbers aren't everything

jokiin said:
I'd be more concerned with results, a good 4 glass lens is better than a bad 6 glass lens, numbers aren't everything

I have same opinion, thats why I bought gt350w and made side by side comparing test with ls300w and result show no difference.
Unfortunately majority of buyers are victims of advertisement "more is better" but its not always a rule. There are much more other factors which good video quality of dash camera depends on.

Maybe FoxOffer's new "Non-brand LS300W GT300W 1080P Car DVR with WDR" will fall into the same category of video quality?
Almost the same price as GT350W but an all black design better suited for dash cams IMHO.

niko said:
jokiin said:

I have same opinion, thats why I bought gt350w and made side by side comparing test with ls300w and result show no difference.
Unfortunately majority of buyers are victims of advertisement "more is better" but its not always a rule. There are much more other factors which good video quality of dash camera depends on.

after i see a lot cases of problem over here whit GT300 , ain´t more smart paid slight more and get a LS300W that current has less related problems apart crappy MicroSD support.
dunno if just me , i can´t put my trust on a thing made for hit a price range don´t matter quality it will have. at a brand whit fixed price i feel kinda more comfortable.
example not cameras but battery i see GP on market and i see Duracell , well Duracell i know will last 7 months at my door bell Ring.

Gurkha9 said:
Maybe FoxOffer's new "Non-brand LS300W GT300W 1080P Car DVR with WDR" will fall into the same category of video quality?
Almost the same price as GT350W but an all black design better suited for dash cams IMHO.

Actually Foxoffer gt350w is same Shadow Tec product. They have ordered gt350w from Shadow Tec to be without bling-bling logo at the front, this way product looks more neutral because many buyers dont like writings on the front. They wrote about this at the beginning of this thread.
I have also proposed gt350w front fascia to be in black without any logoes, - this would be more user friendly and more buyers would buy it.

niko said:
Gurkha9 said:
I have also proposed gt350w front fascia to be in black without any logoes, - this would be more user friendly and more buyers would buy it.

it's already available, no problem there

I saw few month ago other cheaper dash cams which uses same shell ( like g1w ) they have dark blue and brown fascia, but havnt seen yet gt350w be with plain black front fascia. Foxoffer web store dont have it yet in black, only in gold. Aliexpress also have them only in gold.
If you say so, then probably they will be updating an info soon and thats a good news. It shows that re-sellers are listening to what end consumer wants and pushing manufacturers to adopt with market demand. This is a win-win situation for everybody.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
niko GT300W 12
Back