GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Perhaps you should send some free samples out... coughcoughcough :rolleyes:;)

coughcoughcough... that will happen ;)

how much are you going to be selling this for?

haven't worked it out yet (still racking up the costs at the moment) I'd expect it will be a bit dearer than typical Chinese cameras as everything we've used just costs more but still cheaper than Korean equivalents

That's what i'm waiting for! Good job so far! The technical specs sounds great, hopefully the video quality lives up to its promise. I like the built-in GPS, not such an external box with additional cables like others have. What i miss, is a WiFi-module and some Apps to connect. But i can live easier without that, than with external GPS or bad video quality, especially at night or under difficult circumstances. Or with reflections from the Dashboard, here i hope of the built-in IR cut filter.
Have you plan to built-in WiFi to your extended future 2-chan-model?

the 2 channel version we're working on is not with WiFi but we are looking at that for a future model, another 2 channel with dual remote cameras and hide away box, WiFi becomes more useful for this type of scenario

the 2 channel version we're working on is not with WiFi but we are looking at that for a future model, another 2 channel with dual remote cameras and hide away box, WiFi becomes more useful for this type of scenario
I would love a 2 channel with hide away box. I have been looking at buying an Itronics ITB-500HD for just this reason. If it had Wi-Fi it would be easier to set up the cameras, as it is I would have to record for a while then remove the SD card and watch the video to see the aim, then correct till I got it right. Wi-Fi would definitely help this and make it much faster and easy.

When is it expected to be released? Looks very nice.

When is it expected to be released? Looks very nice.

First engineering samples are done, we're doing a couple of minor tooling tweaks at the moment, dies are being made for mass production, once that's done we'll do a small production run for the field trials, all being well mass production will commence shortly after, can't give an exact timeframe on retail availability as it depends on passing each step, we're getting close though

Will update here as we go

Hope for sample clips and estimated price soon.

Have to say, this looks (all black, no bling - your designers are listening) and sounds really good, looking forward to it.

Wi-Fi is a great option, unfortunately was not appreciated enough until now but with more cameras using good ideas, at least people will understand the value of wireless which will be developed more regarding online and connection possibilities.
But the first advantage is that we can have smaller cameras because the display is not needed. Almost everybody have a smartphone which means a display but also a storage option for some important file.
A personal idea regarding this connection between wireless camera and a smartphone is to automatically upload a copy to the smartphone storage of an event file when it is created. This will be a backup for you and also easy for you when arrive home to just go with the smartphone in the house for transfer into PC. A company will use this idea too, like some of my previous.

Also, jokiin, you must to be prepared with a good team for future updates for the Android application because some smartphone manufacturers are making some models which are breaking (maybe just a little) the standards and you must always have the power and knowledge to come with an update.

I have many dashcams but from all I like most my Wi-Fi dashcam. The second I like is any smaller camera like Mobius, 808 #26. The best camera to hide is the 808 #26.
If I will make a top, it will be based first on size and second on quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I need to find a suitable developer for the WiFi apps to be able to do things the way I want, we're still some way off needing that at this stage still

Is there possibly some merit in exploring the use of Bluetooth in lieu of WiFi using the VDP specification which can allow for the streaming of stored or live video/audio and other data to and from a camera, tablet, smartphone, PC or other device? Admittedly, I know little about the subject technically but my understanding is that this might allow for smaller components and lower power requirements and is more suited to the range a dash cam would typically operate in compared with wifi. The Bluetooth VDP specification (Video Distribution Profile) is opening up a lot of interesting new possibilities.

I'm not sure that's supported by the chipset, at this stage at least, development happens quickly so things could change, certainly worth keeping in mind though, thanks :)

I'm not sure that's supported by the chipset, at this stage at least, development happens quickly so things could change, certainly worth keeping in mind though, thanks :)

I see. I didn't realize that wifi was integrated into the existing chipset. I thought it was a separate component. From what I read on the Bluetooth developer's forum, there is interest is wider implementation of the VDP specification.

I see. I didn't realize that wifi was integrated into the existing chipset. I thought it was a separate component. From what I read on the Bluetooth developer's forum, there is interest is wider implementation of the VDP specification.

the dual remote cam version we're doing will use another chipset which has WiFi support built in, no mention of Bluetooth (as yet at least)

the dual remote cam version we're doing will use another chipset which has WiFi support built in, no mention of Bluetooth (as yet at least)

It sounds like once Bluetooth is integrated into the particular chipsets we will start seeing implementations from developers. It is interesting to observe how the technology slowly works its way downstream to the marketplace. So for example, according to DashCamMan's article on dash cam video processors, it can take quite a few years between the release of a device and the time we see it in an actual product.

development time is quite long on new models, some like to rush stuff out just for bragging rights but it's usually buggy as hell when they do, even though you miss all those early sales I'd still rather take longer if it means the end result is better

development time is quite long on new models, some like to rush stuff out just for bragging rights but it's usually buggy as hell when they do, even though you miss all those early sales I'd still rather take longer if it means the end result is better

You obviously take pride in what you do and are to be commended for that. Well designed and well crafted products endure in the marketplace and likely more than make up for missed early sales in the long run.

You obviously take pride in what you do and are to be commended for that. Well designed and well crafted products endure in the marketplace and likely more than make up for missed early sales in the long run.

appreciate the support, everyone else here is in the race to the bottom to see who can make the cheapest product while still bragging about what they're supposedly delivering, reality is you can't build a decent product with that mindset, I have no issue with missing out on that kind of business

another 2 channel with dual remote cameras and hide away box, WiFi becomes more useful for this type of scenario
Can you approximately estimate when this dual remote 2-chan camera with WiFi will be ready for market? Six months or a year from now? Just to know how long I have to wait ... :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back