Guy entered my lane without looking

Smoke Pants

Reaction score
Country
United States
His insurer accepted fault immediately after viewing this video. Just another example of how crucial a dash cam can be. I'll never drive a car without one, even a rental.

I have several cameras in my car, and still if one of them dont record, regardless is there are 2 -3 more that film the same,,,,, well i dont like that.

Nice video. I am glad there wasn't some silliness like 'the car in front was already entering the lane from the direction of the wheels'

I suspect he was looking, but only through his mirror and saw that the road was clear after the previous car, which it was for a while!

Clearly his insurance pays, but I think you could have avoided that accident if you had taken a bit more time, thus giving him more time to see you, or more time for him to take the lane before you arrived. Of course I can't see the full situation, but maybe a lesson to learn?

I just hate when i am #1 in line to overtake something slow moving, like i did today with a combine harvester pulling its cutting board behind it.

So in this case i did get to initiale and overtake as the #2 car, even if at that place on the road you was not allowed to cross the center line.
BUT the car in front of me overtook and i followed, and so did a Audi behind me, one i was pretty sure was going to hammer it the second he got the chance.
But we got past the combine, and then the black Audi just flew past us even if at that time both i and the car in front of me was doing the 80 kmh thats the MAX on a Danish highway.
The Audi was also soon gone out ahead even if in some places you can see like 1 Km ahead, so my guess is he hit at least 100 kmh and stayed there as the VIP person he think he is.

But very often when i see a hole large enough for my small and rather slow little car, well i had to emergency abort CUZ a car behind me are already going for overtaking me and what ever in front of me slowing us all down.
I just hate when people can not wait their turn.

I suspect he was looking, but only through his mirror and saw that the road was clear after the previous car, which it was for a while!

Clearly his insurance pays, but I think you could have avoided that accident if you had taken a bit more time, thus giving him more time to see you, or more time for him to take the lane before you arrived. Of course I can't see the full situation, but maybe a lesson to learn?

Hard to tell from a 17 second video but I was thinking the same thing. The other driver must have felt that the car he hit came out of nowhere even if he was technically at fault.

Clearly his insurance pays, but I think you could have avoided that accident if you had taken a bit more time, thus giving him more time to see you, or more time for him to take the lane before you arrived. Of course I can't see the full situation, but maybe a lesson to learn
I agree, absolutely a lesson to learn. I could have been going slower.

I agree, absolutely a lesson to learn. I could have been going slower.
The problem was that you were doing something unexpected, whenever you do something unusual, give other people plenty of opportunity to see and understand, and be prepared to give way.

I think you could say that both drivers did something unexpected. In fact, they both did virtually the same thing at almost the same time (3 seconds apart), thus leading to the accident.

Last edited:
I often cut thru roundabouts as some wanna be rally driver, with speeds at least 2 X of others in the same roundabout, needless to say i do not enter a roundabout with that kind of attitude if there are other cars in or on the approach to the roundabout.
CUZ what i do, you cant expect anyone else to be ready for. So i alone must carry the responsibility on my shoulders that nothing unforeseen happen.

Back