Guy Is Hit By A Car...

What an annoyance having to do that all the time
Saves the effort of having to hold down the foot brake down, you can relax instead :)

Living in a country with lots of hills, it is also a lot safer.

can't say resting my foot on the brake has ever felt like a chore but whatever works for you :)
I was behind a taxi a little while ago, driver couldn't be bothered to use either brake, was using the clutch instead - definitely not a relaxed person and obviously one that likes big repair bills :)

riding the clutch to hold on a hill is a bit old school, my last manual car had hill hold so no need to do that, it would automatically hold the brake until you let the clutch out, I think it's a feature they added for people that don't know how to drive a manual

Not where I'm from

And as far as I know, not from where I'm from.
Here, if you don't move a split second after the traffic light changes, some goon is blasting his horn.

riding the clutch to hold on a hill is a bit old school, my last manual car had hill hold so no need to do that, it would automatically hold the brake until you let the clutch out, I think it's a feature they added for people that don't know how to drive a manual
All the cars I've driven with hill hold have required that you put the hand brake on to activate it!

My Subaru you only had to use the brake pedal, no need to use the handbrake, in your market maybe they do it different though to suit the rules there

I have auto hold on my CC which is mega, basically you just come to a stop and let go of the brake pedal and the car holds the brakes on until you want to move when you just accelerate and off you go. If you're stood for more than a certain duration the car automatically applies the electronic hand brake and releases the standard brakes.

It does always take me a few seconds to reacclimatise myself when I'm driving a hire car without it though!

I have auto hold on my CC which is mega, basically you just come to a stop and let go of the brake pedal and the car holds the brakes on until you want to move when you just accelerate and off you go. If you're stood for more than a certain duration the car automatically applies the electronic hand brake and releases the standard brakes.

given your rules there that would be the way to go

when i said "who does that?" i meant to say "what kind of moron..."
Unfortunately, the discouraging answer to "what kind of idiot does that" is: "most people."

I just pulled my latest dashcam footage this morning, and yesterday evening's footage was still on the cam. I snapped a few stills from a minute's worth of driving, to show the pedestrians wearing clothes that make them invisible. Most of them I could only find on the dashcam footage due to white shoes, light-coloured pants, or their umbrella. They are all virtually invisible to a driver on a dark, wet evening...

Invisible pedestrians 1.jpg Invisible pedestrians 2.jpg Invisible pedestrians 3.jpg Invisible pedestrians 4.jpg Invisible pedestrians 5.jpg Invisible pedestrians 6.jpg

at least those you've highlighted aren't walking/jogging IN the road like they do here. I always thought it was better to run/jog in the grass, but these folks seem to prefer pavement on busy streets where there may not be sidewalks, but there's a huge grassy shoulder. and even when there ARE sidewalks, the wannabe thugs still walk in the road to be "hard" or whatever. one day they will find out just how "soft & squishy" they are, to use a phrase i heard in another thread here...

LOL, idiots in the road... Trying to think of why joggers would choose the road over the grass, my first thought is running on the grass = wet feet. But that wouldn't be much of an issue in Texas. Next thought is stepping in dog****. Yuck. Too many assholes here that don't pick up after their dogs. Next thought is uneven soil, or holes/depressions from burrowing rodents, resulting in twisted/sprained/broken ankles.

The problem here is that the invisible pedestrians on the sidewalk will eventually have to cross the street, and they're invisible to drivers until the cars are too close to stop, and plenty of them think the world revolves around them, or "I'm at the crosswalk, cars *have* to stop for me!" Well, they won't if they can't see you, and you're not supposed to cross until traffic stops for you. We have lots of pedestrian fatalities every year as a result.

Today I saw a couple of pedestrians tempting fate. They're crossing from the left at 0:14. They probably made it across the street safely after I went past, but there would be traffic coming up right on my tail, as I made my turn on an orange light...

Back