Hard wire connection problems

saberthoof

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone.

Recently bought the Mini 0906 dual dash cam. Had a few problems updating the firmware but that is all fixed now due to some help from the helpdesk. So my camera now has the last firmware installed.
However I am having problems with the Hardwire kit that I bought so that I could use the Parking Mode of the camera, the camera is not recording anything when the ignition is off.
let me see if I can explain what I have done and what I got.

I live in Belgium so I assume I got a European version and I drive a new 2017 Mazda CX5. Bought the Hardwire kit together with the camera from the same company.
The kit is the 3 wire version, black = ground, yellow and red with a voltage regulator between the 3 wire's and the mini usb cable. On the back of the regulator there is a little sticker that says
Yellow = acc
Black = ground
Red = power
I had to use these fuse splitter things (no clue what you call them) you pull out a few of your car put this thing in its place, put your fuse in the holder and add a second fuse for the camera, then you just attach the camera wire to the fuse holder and voila.
I double checked when I installed the splitters that I was using 1 fuse that is always live and one fuse that is only live when the ignition is on.
I also checked that after installation I had current on both cables before attaching the camera hard wire kit cables to them.
I have it installed that my Red wire is connected to the fuse that is always live, my yellow wife is attached to the fuse that only come's on with ignition and of course the black wire to a good ground.
I have setup my dash cam threw the settings option so it always records (for testing purpose only) just so I could make sure that the parking mode actually works. I have also set the motion detection option to 'on' .
And from what I can see now it don't work at all.
When I turn on the ignition the camera boots up and starts recording, as soon as u turn off the ignition the screen on my camera stay's on its still recording (red dot in the bottom right corner) but the time counter next to the recording light stops moving, after about 3 to 5 seconds the screen slowly goes black and I see the red light that is in the middle of the camera (below the blue light you see when the camera is on) blink for a second and then nothing.
Now I thought it was going into standby modus screen wise but that it was still recording cause I set it to continuous recording but when I check my SD card there is no video on it from when I shut it off, only the video from start up till shutoff.
I have contacted the help desk and they tried to help me out but the info I am getting is just not enough.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? (I know it shouldn't be on continuous recording, this is just to test if it actually works or not)
I have checked the red wire for current that is attached to the "always live fuse" by removing the fuse that is included in the hardwire kit red wire and there is current coming to the fuse and the fuse is tested and working so the red wire does indeed get current. I can not test the yellow wire past the fuse holder.
I am trying to figure this out for 3 days now so any help or tips to point me in the right direction are really welcome.
Thanks

Back