Hard wire question 027/207

snapper

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can I cut the wire of the charger ( keeping the +/- in mind) and attach it straight to the fuse box?

Or is there something that step down the voltage to 5v in the charger cord?

I figured it out. The charger step it down from 12v to 5v.

I either need to wire in another socket to connect the charge to or buy a 12v-5v step down power converter.

What you need is THIS

It's a "Functional New DC Converter Buck Module 12V Convert To 5V Usb Output Power Adapter". Less than $6 delivered to your door.

That is correct, you will need to install some sort of a regulator. I have mine hard wired in using a 12v -> 5v regulator module not too dissimilar to the linked one, but without a USB connection. Of course, you can snip that off and solder on the original wire if you wish.

rjgscotland said:
That is correct, you will need to install some sort of a regulator. I have mine hard wired in using a 12v -> 5v regulator module not too dissimilar to the linked one, but without a USB connection. Of course, you can snip that off and solder on the original wire if you wish.

I just ordered a few of the ones I linked to. I can't imagine a much cheaper deal.

RSole said:
What you need is THIS

It's a "Functional New DC Converter Buck Module 12V Convert To 5V Usb Output Power Adapter". Less than $6 delivered to your door.

I ended up ordering THIS ONE for $3.50

I did look at the one you linked to but wasn't sure what I would find under the usb end.

Back