Hardwire Kit Causing Power Problems

zephiris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I have the SGGCX2PRO with a rear camera connected using the hardwire kit. I have it connected based on some recommendations in another post here. The other day, I was no longer able to turn up/down the front passenger window from the driver side. I brought it in the dealer today, and they told me that it is caused by the after market camera connected to the fuse box, and the system was throwing power related errors. After they had disconnected it, and reset all the errors, it's working fine again.

Has anyone experience this?

Thanks

No other reports of anything like that.

What year make model vehicle do you have and which # fuse slots have you tapped into for ACC and BAT?

No other reports of anything like that.

What year make model vehicle do you have and which # fuse slots have you tapped into for ACC and BAT?
2013 Honda Accord EX-L.

I can't remember exactly which one, but for ACC it was either 34/35/37 (rear driver side power window/rear passenger side power window/accessory) and BAT was 14/40 (rear accessory power socket in console compartment/accessory power socket console panel). I think I last had it connected to 35 and 40 based on a previous post when I was trying to figure out what happened to the range with my keyfob, which happened to be that I had a bad ground.

I just picked up my car earlier, and asked about it. I was told that they had to removed the taps and reset the codes for it to work. In the paperwork, it said they performed a DTC check and found code B1145. Found the fuse box tampered with aftermarket parts and DTC cannot be cleared. Removed aftermarket parts, install correct fuses, then cleared DTC and it worked.

Thanks

BAT must be connected to the constant power rather than accessory related fuses. Maybe this causes the error?

BAT must be connected to the constant power rather than accessory related fuses. Maybe this causes the error?
BAT was in a constant power. Before picking the fuse, I asked here and tested certain fuses with a multi-meter, and recorded this:

FuseDescriptionMultimeter reading
14rear accessory power socket in console compartmentalways high
27parking lightno reading
34rear driver side power windowhigh when in accessory mode
35rear passenger side power windowhigh when in accessory mode
37accessoryhigh when in accessory mode
40accessory power socket console panelalways high

37 would be a better option for your ACC feed, also make sure you have grounded to the factory ground point by the fuse panel, a ground loop can cause problems in CAN-BUS systems
Thank you for the information. In a previous post, I didn't have a good ground, then I fixed it and it fixed my other issue. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to prevent it from happening again, since my warranty will end at the end of the month, and if this happens again, I would need to pay them to reset the code. Still not sure how it only affected the front passenger window on the driver side, and no where else.

Thanks

I’ll ask around and will get suggestions on better fuses to tap or alternatives. Stand by

Tech in Sydney (well connected to shops) said

“This model is not very popular here in Australia.

+12V: (BAT) try Fuse 28, 29, 31 or 39

ACC : try Fuse 2, 7, 26

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 47
Back