Hardwire with no acc

Alix6815

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here looking for some advice. I have a trusty Blackvue DR750S which I've had hardwired in my last 4 cars no problem. Never been interested in parking mode, so have always just used an add a fuse and tapped into an ignition switched acc +ve and found an earth close to the fusebox. Camera comes on and off with ignition, as you would expect, which was perfect for my needs.

My new car is a PHEV and this is presenting a few dashcam install issues. Firstly the car's 12v battery is very small, only 40Ah. Secondly I cannot find a switched +ve anywhere inside the car easilly accessible. Every fuse in the internal fusebox is permanently live as best I can tell. I've even spent 2 hours sat inside the locked car waiting for systems to 'shut down' and every fuse in the box remains live. As you would expect with the Blackvue tapped into any of those fuses it runs all the time. I've confirmed that 12 hours later without the car being opened it was still running when connected to a randomly selected fuse. Of course after 2 days the car's 12v battery is significantly discharged and then the car constantly moans about the 12v battery being critically low. It will charge it from the 300v battery of course when the hybrid drive system is started but that takes lots of driving so I end up hooking the 12v battery up to a CTEK MXS10 to get it charged.

To further complicate things the car, a Mazda CX-60, is a relatively new model. I can't get a workshop manual/wiring diagram for love nor money. Ridiculously, there is no fuse chart in the manual, no indication on the fusbox cover as to what fuse does what, the manual says take to a dealer if a fuse blows :rolleyes: There could be one in there that is on a timed shutdown I guess, but other than trying every one and waiting an hour between trying each one......

The main dealer refuses to provide a fuse chart from their workshop information.

Any thoughts, ideas, tips for where to go next would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Alix.

Dealing with the same car and install issue (missing information), although a different config (CX-60 Diesel Mild-Hybrid, Inline 6).

I just found few days ago, on the CX60 section of the CX70 Forums, the fuses diagram for CX-60, and the Hard-wire kit config, said to be installed by Mazda service.

Did not have time to check / test / install, but this might help.

I will try to find some delayed circuit (I don't intend to use the parking mode on the A229 Pro, but would like it to keep recording some minutes / half hour after turning off the engine (previous Ford cars all had this delay on the lighter circuit - about 70 minutes).

Will revert with news, if any.

Attachments

• Fuses I H - mazda cx-60.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230621_192641918.jpg
    PXL_20230621_192641918.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 10
Back