Hardwiring help needed

The_oc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have just installed my Vantrue N4 pro dash cam in my car and have got to the stage of hardwiring. The hard wire kit I got, is one provided by vantrue, is a 3 wire system and the camera requires 3 wires for parking mode etc. My car is an economy vehicle therefore it lacks any of the creature comforts that would require a permanent live fuse in the interior fuse compartment. As far as I know the only fuses would be in the engine bay fuse box which would be a real ball ache to get to and not worth it in my opinion for just parking mode.

My question being: Is it possible to use a the hardwire kit to power the camera without the use of the permanent live. I have seen on some posts that it may be possible the connect the two together and use the same connection however i can’t find anything about this.
hopefully someone is able to help me with this issue.

Many thanks Theo

If you don't need to use the parking mode feature of the dash camera, you could connect the hardwire kit's constant battery wire and accessory power wire together and connect them to an accessory power source in the fuse box. That will cause the N4 Pro to power on when the accessory power is turned on and it will turn off the N4 Pro when the fuse box provided accessory power is turned off.

Back