Hardwiring into Ford Focus 2003

_Allen

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO+
Hi!

I tried to install the SGGCX2PRO with a SGX2HW kit to my Ford Focus 2003 (European model, Trend). I tried to tap the Battery cable to fuse #47 (Cigarette lighter fuse, but the cig lighter is removed because I built in a 2DIN Android Head Unit and there wasn't enough space for the lighter) and the ACC cable to fuse #41. This isn't worked at all, so I tried fuse #43 for the ACC cable which is also don't work. The ground cable was temporary attached to the chassis (to the hinge of the opened front door).
Can you recommend an alternative fuse for me?

Attachments

• 20200619_161614.jpg
    20200619_161614.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 8
First are you sure that you haven't swapped the "always hot" and "switched hot" wires? You wouldn't be the first if this happened. Next have you checked with a meter or test light to be sure the ciggie power is always on, and not switched? Many cars like that. If you have neither light or meter, try turning the switch on and if the cam comes to life, the ciggie circuit is probably "switched", not "always hot" I don't know the fuse numbers, but keyless entry/power door locks are usually "always hot".

Phil

I figured it out: it was a grounding problem my fault (the hinge was factory painted...). The cig lighter fuse (#47) is actually good for the BAT cable and I used the air conditioner fuse (#45) for the ACC cable.

I figured it out: it was a grounding problem my fault (the hinge was factory painted...). The cig lighter fuse (#47) is actually good for the BAT cable and I used the air conditioner fuse (#45) for the ACC cable.
best to always use the factory grounding point where the rest of the earth wires are attached, generally not too far from the back of the fuse panel

Back