Hardwiring Question Blackvue

RS5

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi everyone,

I've recently installed a BlackVue 970X Plus LTE 2-CH dashcam in my 2022 Audi RS5 using a fuse tap adapter, tapping into some empty fuse slots in the car's fuse box. I opted for a mini 10A fuse for the ACC connection and a standard 7.5A fuse for the BATT+ connection. I'm trying to make sure this setup is safe and won't cause any issues with the car's electrical system. Does anyone here have experience with this sort of installation, and can you confirm, if these fuse ratings are appropriate?Should I maybe go lower for the amps?

So far everything is working fine. I’ve used the upper slot on the adapter, since the fuse slots on the car were empty.

Another point that caught my attention: when I checked the car's manual, it mentioned systems or functions assigned to the slots I used for the tap. However, my car does have these features, and yet, these slots were empty. Why would there be no fuses in slots designated for existing functions of the car?

For example the ACC 10A empty slot is described as a “Headlight right”

and for the 7.5A BATT+ it says “Automatic Gearbox”

Those are the only two free slots that I have so if I would need to change it, I would need to tap into existing fuses.

Would really appreciate any advice or insights from the community here. Thanks in advance!

Oh and I forgot to mention that the Blackvue hardwire kit is already equipped with two glass tube fuses which are integrated in the cable with a plastic cover (don’t know the exact amp on those). Does it mean that I’m „double-secured“ then ?

Back